Download Confirmation E-mail Suggestion

medlinke

Since you only get 10 attempts at downloading a file I'd recommend a few things for the download confirmation e-mail.

1. People don't read. They scan. - Break up the e-mail by bullet points or into single sentence smaller chunks saying everything you need to explain prior to providing the link & license key.

2. Incomplete Information - People will want to know how big the file they are going to download will be. A 500 megabyte expectation is a far cry from 2.6 gigabytes so a short notice about filesize is always appreciated.

3. Patch Information - The first question many users ask when they get a product is, "Do I have the latest version?" I would add in some kind of statement like, "The version of this product you're downloading has been updated with all the patches through 7/1/2008 or version 1.0.1. So that a user could presumably use that information to find out if they need to patch immediately after download.

Just those three small changes and I think you'll greatly improve the usability of the download e-mail.

Thanks for the feedback!

Please note that the email is just a backup means of getting info to you. You don't need the email at all.*

After your purchase, you are already logged in and can immediately follow the link to download your game with a couple of clicks. All information about your order is primarily saved in the customer account at www.battlefront.com that is created automatically for you when you start the checkout process.

Martin

*Since the email is completely automated and contains links, many email providers - especially the public ones like Googlemail, Yahoo etc. that have fairly aggressive spam filters - reject emails anyway.