Is this game dead?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand why you feel offended. I am not sure what you're expecting, or where you get the impression that anything is "soon" or has been promised "soon" for four years? I also don't get what you mean with "bull"? I have answered the question posted in this thread that the game is not dead. If it was, you would know, and it wouldn't be listed on our website. I have said that I can't or won't give an update on what is happening more than once in the past. How you can accuse us of stringing you along with apparent bull is beyond me.

The game is not actively being developed at the moment. It went in and out of active development a few times. The last time I posted a screenshot of the current state at Blogfront.

At the moment, no news. No news does not mean dead. It doesn't mean imminent for release either. Unlike ...soft we don't have a few dozen programmers stacked in some low-salary country that we can force to do slave labor 24/7. Most of these games are produced by people who don't do this full-time, and hence slow periods are common. MNB isn't the only game that is slow to be finished. That doesn't make it bull or anything. In fact, it may make it a better game if and when it's ready.

Rest assured that we'll post news when there are any. Until then

You should ban Dan Verssen from saying "soon", then. I'd suggest you search the forum. While the new search function is pretty much FUBAR, the dearth of information on this sub-forum should mean you should find it easy enough.

You can't possibly look at the information put out about MNB:WW2 in the last couple of years and be happy about how the comms between customer and company went.

Yeah, that would be fun. Although... well, inventing news is one thing, but I wouldn't like to be lying. We released a little bit of news and a screenshot at Blogfront earlier this year:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_myblog&show=It-never-snows....html&Itemid=213

But I could invent something like:

"Hey guys, the game is actually finished and has been for the past 2 years, but we've been so busy playing it and having so much fun that we completely forgot to tell you! Ooops! Soorrryyyy"

When Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

Months away! But we will be releasing more information about the game, features and so on when we finish the game webpage itself in the coming weeks.

Martin

This was the earliest post I could find from you about this game in April 2004. It was in response to the first person wondering when the game would be available. Most of us didn't interpret your answer of "Months away!" to mean almost 53 months and counting. You're really into serious vaporware territory here.

I don't think the old "Down in Flames" comes first excuse holds water any longer, either. That dead horse of a game has been whipped within an inch of its life - no posts on the entire forum for three days, none for the Eastern Front expansion since mid-August.

Back in 2004 I really was excited about BFC getting behind this kind of a beer and pretzels naval game as a welcome break from CM. Today I seriously don't care if you ever finish it. I'm mainly disappointed that you get so angry with people who ask questions. Close the Modern Naval Battles forum and pretty soon nobody will even remember this non-game.

Dave, please read my post above. I have mentioned that the game went in and out of active development a few times during the past years. Once or twice it looked like we would be "months away". You people complain about lack of news, then you turn around and complain about the news you're getting. There is no winning territory for us in this.

I am not getting angry with people who ask questions. I have replied to the person who started this thread. Tongue-in-cheek, but truthfully. The project is on hold but it's not dead. If you're a programmer reading this and willing to tackle it, contact me.

I am not even angry with Elmar. I have provided a more in-depth answer even though the manner in which he's asking question is lacking. After his snarky reaction to that, I went on to play the same game.

The game is vaporware at the moment. I have no problem saying that. It is vaporware because it has not been released. But I see no point in closing this forum. Simply don't post here and wait until you hear news from us that it's being actively developed again. What I will do though is close this thread. It's almost as good as closing the forum ;)

Martin