So which currently active....

bruce90

Actually, I was here before it was the BFC forum. It was BTS in those days and I got connected shortly after Over the Reich came out. A little later Achtung, Spitfire! came out and discussion of a game that became CM began. But there were people around on the BTS board before I was. I don't know how many of them, if any, are still around though.

Michael

I remember finding the BTS forums in the summer of 98. Back then they had one of those basic forum programs where all the posts were in a file directory kind of format. I can't remember when they switched to the UBB code in blue. Was it that fall? I think they had changed the colors before the big crashes of 2000.

...member has the lowest earliest Forum Join Date here?

I originally joined way back in 2000 and had a membership number somewhere in the 200's I think. I think I made a couple of posts, but then didn't post for a long time and lost my password somewhere along the way. Then there was some kind of software change which made it impossible to retrieve my password, or everyone had to re-register, or some such.

I should look in the early CMBO archives to see if I can spot any posts I may have made. I think one of the things I discussed was the fact that the CMxx PBEM routine could have been accomplished with only 2 file exchanges per game turn instead of 3.

EDIT: I posted the above before reading the entire thread and after having done so it seems I must have joined even earlier than 2000, if my membership number was in the 200's.

Or maybe it was the membership number that was in the 2,000's, but I don't think so. Whatever, still pretty low. For some reason I remember playing the CMBO canned scenario One Long Cold Day on election day 2000 (early November) and I know I had already joined some time prior to that.

EDIT: I posted the above before reading the entire thread and after having done so it seems I must have joined even earlier than 2000, if my membership number was in the 200's.

Or maybe it was the membership number that was in the 2,000's, but I don't think so. Whatever, still pretty low. For some reason I remember playing the CMBO canned scenario One Long Cold Day on election day 2000 (early November) and I know I had already joined some time prior to that.

The first 1500 or so member numbers were done alphabetically I believe.

I first joined ... oh ... Oct/Nov 1999 I think. About the same time as Speedy. ISTR my first # was in the middling '00's. 300? 700? Sumfink like that. I think I lost a login during one of the crashes, but my first one was lost when I went overseas for a while, and forgot the pwd.