Would it be possible to get the DRM removed form TOW?

JG53_Jaguar

Hi Battlefront,

I have been your customer since the first Combat Mission, didn't mind how "checking for valid software license" worked in those games. However since I got TOW, I have this License service running in memory every time I run TOW. I'm not happy that even after I install the game and my license key is validation I have the license service running all the time in the memory. I'm also not happy that even when I uninstalled TOW, this License service was left behind. I would like you to please consider removing this DRM service with issuing a small patch to TOW, now that the game has been on the market for a while. It really irritates the hell out of me that I have to have this License Service running every time I run TOW. TOW is nice game, has its flaws but I do have fun with it....I would like to continue giving my support to Battlefront for future TOW add-ons or upgrades like for example TOW2. However I will not buy any future Battlefront products that will have this DRM implemented.

Thank You for your thoughts and considerations...

Regards,

Peter

Peter, if you uninstall the TOW, you can then also remove the eLicense Control Service completely. The FAQ at www.battlefront.com/faq contains instructions how to do it.

As long as you do have TOW running, however, the eLicense Control Service is running as well, and there is no way to remove this. It's needed for security reasons. Having said that - the memory footprint is TINY, much much much smaller than the usual stuff running on your PC by default, and it is not running if you're not running the game. If you have a computer capable of running the game, then you won't notice any performance impact. The Service that is running is also not "calling home" doing anything else but making sure that you're not tampering with the DRM.