Sniper v Sniper MilSim / Airsoft players Plattekill NY

Chris5110

My team the New York Recon Marines is hosting an event in the upstate NY ( Plattekill ) area on 8/23-8/24. Sniper v Sniper. Their will be open play also for non snipers.

See team website for more info

http://www.nyreconmarines.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=215

Also we are always looking for new members with or without experience.

Any questions drop me a PM

Chris5110,

I always thought of Airsoft as an indoor only weapon, never mind one with ranges of hundreds of feet. How can you tell in battle, as opposed to target shooting, whether or not you hit? Would imagine it's hardly in the same league as the sting and the mess of a direct hit from a substantial paintball traveling at several hundred feet per second.

Regards,

John Kettler

Chris5110,

I always thought of Airsoft as an indoor only weapon, never mind one with ranges of hundreds of feet. How can you tell in battle, as opposed to target shooting, whether or not you hit? Would imagine it's hardly in the same league as the sting and the mess of a direct hit from a substantial paintball traveling at several hundred feet per second.

Regards,

John Kettler

It's about honesty of the one who got hit. And mostly when wearing heavy(ish) clothes only way to tell that one got hit is by sound. Atleast half of hits i've got from paintball didn't break, it was upto my honesty to "die".

Infact you find airsoft weapons absolute range to be much greater than paintball markers, because of "antigravitation" powers of pellet (search internet with term 'airsoft hop up'). Practical distances however be quite the same. Well high-end airsoft guns with heavy pellets (sniper rifles) i think can hit human torso at 50 meters reliably in good conditions (no wind) which, by my understandment, paintball markers are not without 'indirect fire'-mode :D Then again paintballs are stablie due their heavier weight.

Yes an airsoft bb does have its limitations, But you can customize your projectile and your weapon. Their are different weights .2 grams is standard. Sniper rifles usually shoot .3 gram bbs. The extra weight helps the projectile maintain its inertia longer. Also we use a hopup that puts a backspin on the projectile to increase its range.

This video shows an upgraded spring powered rifle shooting out to about 90 yards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqmsPff01OA

I live in the Philippines and airsoft is getting pretty big here. It's mostly an honesty system, although zombies (people who are known to be hit but not admit it) tend to be "accidentally" shot with half a mag's worth of bb's at close range.

~400fps with a 0.2g bb is our current "standard". Pretty good at cqb scenarios and workable in outdoor games. You could basically hit someone hard at any range that wouldn't need magnifying optics when aiming for the head; any farther than that and you have to compensate for gravity and wind -and also hit them several times just to let them realize that they are actually being hit :D . It is sometimes weird though- during one game I just stood in the middle of a clearing, as I could easily see and dodge incoming bb's.