Would it be possible for US to park a couple of Carrier groups in the Black Sea ?

Hannibal

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically we are talking about fringe markets, never know what political or statutory risk hit you next, as even basic business contracts do change during their run on most surprising ways, contrary to the claims of things supposedly 'improving' by the Russian officials since the early 1990's. Way too many banks, and most of them are not banks in a western sense, but private piggy banks or "front operations" for various high officials, members of the ROC, army and security apparatus and other such distinguished regalia.

To make things worse, the Russians themselves have moved loads of wealth and capital to their Swiss associates in many off-shore locations, as they have zero confidence to each other and their financial system as a whole. What will Putin do next?

To make things worse, the Russians themselves have moved loads of wealth and capital to their Swiss associates in many off-shore locations, as they have zero confidence to each other and their financial system as a whole. What will Putin do next?

Well, there is a good case for regulating the market. Mr Putin tends to interpret regulations um.. strictly?

As for money staying in Russia - I believe there is too much money to be made from bringing Russia to a level of wealth comparable with Western Europe for it just to be left as a basket case by the global currency barons. Besides, his natural resource base guarantees him long term profit in terms of trade.

The problem seems to be with nobody knowing who owes what to whom. I'm guessing that AIG went under because it had insured risks taken by companies dealing with Freddy and Fanny. Who loses because AIG can't be saved.

I think there's about 3-4 trillion US dollars to be made up in losses. Since last August.

I'm likely to be wrong.