Is a merged install totallay out of the question?

Gnasher

I will buy ToW2 make no mistake about that.....

However

<rant>

I'm a bit (read alot) dismayed that all of the work I've put into ToW learning mod tools & mapeditors will be for nowt. This title has alot going for it & with this theatre/timeframe is severely limited as will be these fab ehancements. So please, please do one of 2 things:-

Let us know the roadmap for the game assuming it's a commercially sucessfull game.

OR

Create a merged install where the new features can be used on old maps. I realise that trees are not compatible between versions but it shouldn't be too hard to compensate for this. Commercially would this not be a "thank you" for the die hards & an incentive for new players to buy ToW with ToW2 & get the "Full Experience"??

I just see so much potential in this game squanderd by "bad" marketing, it's not bad but could be much better. All the 'chasman' posts hurt the title badly, I'm sure, & this was mainly due to the IMHO over tight scripting of the stock missions which turned alot of people off the game.

So please also make the missions more broadly achieveable no single solution battles requiring loads of saves & reloads. Surrender & retreat code should be the order of the day

Cmon guys, rise above the rest & make this the best, you have all the key ingredients!!!

Thankyewverymutch!

</rant>

We would love to enable use of resources from ToW. The only problems are, as usual, time and man-hours. Old maps lack many things which are needed for upgraded engine, old units don't have new data parameters (for example, viewport coordinates and angles for various crew members), old scripts in missions contain commands which now function somewhat differently. We value customers of original ToW and we'll see what can be done from our side.

dont make the mistake 2 times.... we need a dynamic campaign or something like in cc strat map and tac maps to play on.its boring to have only 10 or 15 missions in a row and thats all.in the new game we need fuel and ammo and repair vehicles to rearm and refuel units on the field....core units needs a better management.close combat had an good overview over the units and there ranks+ medals before and after a battle. dont put all the energy left in graphic and sound,make some game playable for month or years. the thing i play cc 3 / 4 / 5 after 10 years is that each campaign feels different,each unit sometimes better sometimes less and i can make "superunits/tankaces" during a campaign.its a great thrill when u have only 1 tiger left and he do it again after a big fight. pls pls pls hear what the fans say.its not only stupid stuff the tell. tow was ok...but not a game for years maybe ure 2 game will be.......

• 2 weeks later...

I fully support what Gnasher is saying. This game has a lot of potential. It could become the successor of the Close Combat series.

I hope two things would be taken into consideration:

either release a converter "plug-in" so that the game can be modded by having 3rd party devellopers adding new units into the game, or consider making addons after the release of TOW 2 to give us more units/theaters/functionnalities to give the game the broader scope that it needs. Seeing the way things went for games like MS flight simulator and Operation Flashpoint who have a huge fan base thanks to 3rd party add-ons, I would say that is the way to go.

Also, a sort of dynamic campaign would be a must to give the game a better replayability

As I have seen in the new screenshots from the games convention, buildings are square, with flat roof, and with only one level. As it is in desert country. We can understand thait it is easier in this case to let the infantry enter buildings. Does it explain the choice for TOW 2 for the desert shemme ?

Does it means that for TOW2 will not support european landscape (several level per building, complexe roof...), and the ability to enter these type of building ?