Where to get Shock Force Mods?

Welcome aboard. It's hard to suggest any particular mod because there are different mods for different tastes. It all depends on what you are looking for. However right off the bat I'd go for the Syrian faces mods.

BTW while at CMMODS you'll find all the mods listed with the CMSF scenarios. The mods section hasn't been implemented just yet.

Mord.

thanks Red_Rage!

I see now I already tried there and clicked on the CM:SF Mods section which just says "COMING SOON!" but in the CM:SF Scens/Maps section the are all of the mods which was just a little confusing lol.

Anyone care to recomend some mods for a 1st time player? Im going to download a sound mod now for my nightly gamming session :)

hey Mord, didnt see your post (I most of been posting at the same time!) but thanks for the help :)

I see your point, its hard to reccomend mods but I was looking to enhance the in game immsersion so for starters im getting your US radio chatter mod and scorpio tracers, explosions, smoke, tank muzzle fire and flames.

I am also going to go with Oddballs Soundmod (there are so many sound mods!) and Mord's Death Knells V3 for now.

Are there any good complete mods packs consisting of the best community mods?

Some of my recommendations (use search to find the quick on CM mods):

US Rag Tag uniform mod + Camelback addon (MUST HAVE)

Syrian Spy pack mod

Darker Grass mod

VIED Baghdad Taxi

NATO pics

Highway art fix

Mord's US chatter base (MUST HAVE)

Russian vihicles camo mod (by gordon molek as i recall with camo/plain versions...IMHO plain looks better in game but try both out - MUST HAVE)

Red tracer mod (looks much better than stock tracers)

Scipio's explosion/flame/smoke/muzzle flash mods

Chechen rebels uncon replacement

Muddywaterscombo mod

El_terrifico's Euro Syrian uniforms - mix and match to your liking, instructions are provided with readme. I personally used 5 different patterns for regulars and 2 patterns for reserves - gives soldiers a really personalized feel and looks great (MUST HAVE)

Gordon Molek's UAZ stripe

KLMK Spetsnaz for Syrian SF (there is another SF uniforms mod i cant recall the name of - i used the vest and helmet from it, looks great when mashed together with KLM mod)

Faces of Syria mod

Mord's death knells mod + no music mod

Eurobuildings + European foilage + Syrope_terrain mods, if you want temperate climate terrain

Paper Tiger's Hasrabit and Perdition campaigns (MUST HAVE)

Probably missed some, but that should keep you tied for a while.

hey Mord, didnt see your post (I most of been posting at the same time!) but thanks for the help :)

I see your point, its hard to reccomend mods but I was looking to enhance the in game immsersion so for starters im getting your US radio chatter mod and scorpio tracers, explosions, smoke, tank muzzle fire and flames.

I am also going to go with Oddballs Soundmod (there are so many sound mods!) and Mord's Death Knells V3 for now.

Are there any good complete mods packs consisting of the best community mods?

No prob.

If you use both of my mods you'll want to delete the background wav from the Death Knells mod just in case it cancels out the background in the US Chatter mod.

BTW if you play any insurgent scenarios, try my Allah's Army sound mod.

Yes, shameless plug.

Mord.

Thanks for the compliment, appreciate it.

It's a tricky mod because of the way the wavs are used in game so you may hear more stuff one scenario and less another...but when you do it really adds to the battle in my opinion.

There's lots of good stuff out there so enjoy the game within' the game...mods! You'll dig the work these guys do...they take the fun to another level.

Mord.

• 7 months later...
I don't think you can register any more. If you weren't registered before he decided to close down the site, the Repository is your only option at this point.

There's no reason in the registration at all if the site is going to be closed..

As I discovered there's a lot of stuff on that site which is not represented in the Repository..

Cmmods should allow a free access to all the mod files until it gets finally closed..

Otherwise it will be considered as a shameless discrimination and degrading treatment of all new members of the CMSF community.. :D

• 8 months later...