how do i delete Battles?

I have used the battle generator a number of times to test ,play and mess around with TOW, so I now have a pretty hefty list of stupid battles in my singleplayer list,, how do i remove this?

I have actually deleted the files from the save dir, but the names still appear in the battle-list, (clicking on them results in a error msg)

any tips?

• 5 months later...
You can do it in Mission Editor. Switch to campaign editing in it, open campaign 'single missions' and exclude unneeded missions from campaign.

I tried your advise, however the missions still show in single player battle list.

Is there a way to completed delete all the files created using the ToW battle generator?

I think you need to physically delete them from the Single_Missions folder first, then delete them with the editor.

I went to C:\Program Files\Battlefront\Theatre of War\Missions\SINGLE_MISSIONS to see if the files are there, no can find.

...am I looking in the wrong place?

...and thanks Arisaka99 for the reply!

You mean there are no files or folders in SINGLE_MISSIONS folder?

The game files are there (Assault, Battle_Heroes, etc.), however, there are no files from the games created using the Battle Generator.

Those generated games still appear under the Mission Editor/campaign editing/single missions line.

When I try to exclude them & "save" I get an error:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\Battlefront\Theater of War\missions\MP_LIST\MP_Mission21\briefing.xml'."

I can post/send you the "Details" if wanted...

When I click continue the application continues as normal, however, the missions are not saved as excluded; when I click quit, I get the desktop (program closes).

...another interesting happenstance is that when I try to play any of the battles that I generated, the game closes & I end up back at my desk top.

the sequence is:

start ToW / select Single Player / Battles / select Generated Battle name / Start Battle / ToW closes & return to Desk Top...

Best I can figure is sometime during my fiddling with deleting folders/files I got rid of the generated battles folders/files, but left their names in the Mission Editor.

Is there a way to exorcise the ghosts from generated battles past from the Mission Editor & Single Player/ Battles screen, or am I doomed to be haunted by them for eternity?:rolleyes:

This brings me back to the original question of this thread: is there a way to delete Generated Battles from the game?

Thanks

I found this to be yet another oversight with this design team so I only use titles that I can re-use! Like 'Crossfire' or 'Red Snow' that way I can use the title later after I eliminate the folder from the single mission folder!

Roger that, we're Oscar Mike, out.

• 2 years later...

hello,

i bought this game 2 days agao and because i also have this problem (deleted missions still show up in the singleplayer battles selction menue) im wondering how to delete them.

i learned to add entrys in the texts.utf8 file in the single_missions folder when downloading and installing user single player missions, so that they can show up in the mission selection menue.

this place also the tow battle generator writes down the mission names an text´s.

yesterday i used the battlegenerator to test some self made battles.

most of them crashed back to desktop short prior finished to load in the game, but sometimes some will work.

all this non working missions i deleated manually out of the single mission folder and also deleted the entries in the file named texts.utf8 .

all the like this deleted self generated battles also dindnt show up again yesterday after several new starts of the game.

today (just some mintes ago) i startet tow and was wondering why these allready deleted missions no show up again ?

texts.utf8 ist still clear of this files and the mission folders are also still deleted, but the battle names are showing up again in the singleplayer/battles selection.

i like to know how to get rid of this "dead battle names" and what to do, that the battles, wich are generated with the battlegenerator, also work.

wondering that in this threas noone official pesents the solution up to now and this thread is abaout 2 years old.

greetings from germany

andi

That's strange, if you deleted folders of these missions and edited texts.utf8 their names shouldn't be displayed. Are there any additional *.utf8 files in Missions\Single missions folder?

no.

after deleting these missions they are away from the ingame list, but next day they appear again.

checked the singlemission folder and the mentioned utf8 file and there where no entries.

also wondering that so many tries to make battles with the battle generator dont work.

a few tries of building this quickbattles work, the most dont work and i dont found out until today, what the reason can be.

now i uninstalled the game and installed it again and now my single player battles list is as normal.