Norse or Celtic symbols

A friend is looking at getting a tattoo. She wanted symbols for strength, courage and wisdom. Her heritage is Danish, Polish, Latvian and Italian, so I thought Celtic symbols would be representative of her heritage (okay, 2 out of 4 but maybe some celts wandered as far as Italy?) Googling is failing me.

Any Celtic grogs out there? Norse? Any other suggestions? I don't think Chinese symbols would be up her alley so skip that one.

Or at least donate FIRST. I think you are ruled out of donating for a couple of years after a tattoo.

Sound advice.

My 41-year old brother had a vasectomy some 5 years ago after he got divorced and got together again with his wife after a few years. They separated for good a few years ago and he is currently kicking himself in the butt since his 20-something girlfriend's biological clock is ticking......

For a contemporary Norse symbol, I recommend a stylized drawing about cod.

By doing so, she can convey a subtextual message of sorts: "It smells like a fish", implying "eating" possibilities for menfolk.

I wonder how bream (lahna) translates to native English speakers in this context.... :D

Her heritage is Danish, Polish, Latvian and Italian,

I have dogs just like that and they prefer the Cat and Rabbit symbols, nothing to do with their heritage of course they just like to chase them. Instead of strength, courage and wisdom she may prefer going with the honesty of the NoBull in your face $$$ symbol.

I have dogs just like that and they prefer the Cat and Rabbit symbols, nothing to do with their heritage of course they just like to chase them. Instead of strength, courage and wisdom she may prefer going with the honesty of the NoBull in your face $$$ symbol.

She is a teacher, so she isn't exactly about the $. In fact, she works in the school in the lowest socio-economic sector in the area and teaches special ed. Not the fast track to riches.

She is a teacher, so she isn't exactly about the $. In fact, she works in the school in the lowest socio-economic sector in the area and teaches special ed. Not the fast track to riches.

I think that was a general statement regarding women, and what they chase after, and less a judgement of your friend

Good for her.

Why don't you tell her "Don't get one, they can only say a single thing about you, and you're much more complex and beautiful than that.".

Thank me later.

Good for her.

Why don't you tell her "Don't get one, they can only say a single thing about you, and you're much more complex and beautiful than that.".

Thank me later.

Tell her whatever you think she wants to hear to get yourself laid eh...not my style, but hell you can lie to her all you want. You can count on the fact if you develop a relationship with her she is going to be lying to you.

I'm sure she is a regular Saint, Mike, hell all the good girls want tattoos, not because they think they are sexy but because it makes them *feel pretty*. You do know the definition of a good girl don't you? That's one that will put it in for you.