"Reorganization" Moves

In my continuing efforts to reduce the time the AI takes a turn, I am finding that there is alot of "Reorganization" moves which I would like to reduce, I am seeing that non-active Major powers such as Poland, and the Northwest Whites, are constantly shuffling their units about. I started to use the Garrison scripts to hold the units in their place, but triggering them into action can be problematic and at times, it does not seem to work.

So is there another way to stop these moves? I really want to get this Mod out there but it is embarrassing how long an AI turn takes and I am sure it is more my fault than the mechanics of the game....

I am personally not finding the time it takes the 'AI' to do it's thing as any kind of a problem!.

However!,...since this continues to be an issue for many other's,...perhap's utilizing the Duo-Core & soon to be Quad-Core Capability in these Computers...can be a solution-area/possibility...so that we can then be able to contend with this vexing matter???.

Ret...when I talk about the time it takes for the AI to play its' turn with my mod, it was close to an hour per turn at the beginning, but I have it down to 45 minutes with further scripting....I think I inadvertently created a "monster game" with quite a bit for the AI to handle...there will come a point however when I will simply throw my hands up and release it anyway, with a very strong disclaimer about the AI turn length as I believe it will serve as a nice way to understand the Russian Civil War and how chaotic the conflict was...I think it would do ok as a pbem and hotseat game, as it stands now, but I know that due to the limited interest in this mod, and the desire for most gamers to have a decent AI opponent, that I can do better by it....

J P Wagner!:

I'ts been a particularily long time ago since i played any game that took 45-60 minutes to do a turn!. Where are these long-winded-games?.

Anyway, if i were developing a game, i would make direct contact with 'Hubert Cater,...and ask him what it would be that i would need to do in order to create a game that can run at an acceptable time-frame for each turn played by the 'AI'!.

I am finding that it seem's that all of the recent creation's by many Modder's are taking an acceptable/reasonable amount of time to do the turn when it's the 'AI's turn to do it's move!.

At any rate, perhap's start a new topic about this problem & see who can offer some useful tip's to help you out!.