Scaling?

I just purchased and installed a flashy new GeForce GTX 260 and, to my surprise, CMBB runs flawlessly. :eek: (Well.. almost...)

The only problem is that I'm using a wide-screen Seanix LCD monitor and as a result- the game suffers from "jaggies." My question is.. how can I adjust my video card to not scale to the 1280 x 1024 resolution when I run CMBB?

I suspect that if you delete the current Combat Mission BB Prefs file and then start CMBB so it recreats a new Combat Mission BB Prefs file (then pick the resolution that you want). On my PC, it always started with the highest resolution and worked down, so you might have to move through several resolutions before you find one that you like. Just remember, if you do not like that one, blow away the Combat Mission BB Prefs file and start again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'm in the same situation as PanzerSmash, but my copy of CM:BB doesn't go beyond the 1280 x 1024 resolution, even when I delete the prefs file. I run under 1680 x 1050 on my widescreen and I'm struggling to find a way to scale the game correctly or run it windowed. :(

Hello, I'm in the same situation as PanzerSmash, but my copy of CM:BB doesn't go beyond the 1280 x 1024 resolution, even when I delete the prefs file. I run under 1680 x 1050 on my widescreen and I'm struggling to find a way to scale the game correctly or run it windowed. :(

This is normal, you can't go beyong 1600 vertical, so 1680x1050 isn't going to work and 1280x1024 is the next standard resolution.

Redwolf,

I just hooked up a new 19" wide screen LCD (Acer) to my computer. The combat mission vehicles look slightly "stretched" (i.e., the Shermans look longer and lower and so do all the other vehicles). It's not really bad, but I had a perfect situation with my square 17" Sceptre. I thought it would be an upgrade to have this 19" wide Acer.

My current display setting is 1024x768. I have a GeForce 7600GT card and the graphics are crystal clear, but.......I have tried different display settings and can't seem to get the right (near perfect) look of the units. Any clue on what I can do to?

Yikes, I could not find anything under "Display" in the NVidia driver's control panel except a drop-down that read, "identify profile" which, when selected, gave me a black screen with a big number 1 on it. I can't see options for scaling anywhere. Frustrating.

Redwolf, I'm not a geek with computers, so maybe you could give the steps for both options? I would GREATLY appreciate it. I would hate to return the monitor because it doesn't work with combat mission. I suspect it's a user problem!