Marines!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The non-download version simply is a hardcopy of the Module installation and the modest size Marines Supplement. The latter covers things that are unique to the Marines Module, which is primarily about the units and their employment. In short, it's nothing more than what you can do if you get a download then burn a backup of the program and print out the Supplement. The hardcopy version is really intended for those who do not have the option to download, for whatever reason.

No changes to Quick Battles in the Marines Module. If we did make changes it would be available to everybody, however we never intended on making QB changes at this point. As we've said for a long time now, we're not going to make any minor changes to QBs. Instead we're going to completely overhaul the system. That will take several months and therefore we aren't planning on it being something for Shock Force in the near term. The initial Normandy release will be the first one with the new QB system, then it will be seen in a modern setting after.

Unless I'm forgetting something important, the new QB maps will be available for everybody. The Marines Module does not contain any new terrain, therefore the maps are interchangeable.

Steve

The non-download version simply is a hardcopy of the Module installation and the modest size Marines Supplement. The latter covers things that are unique to the Marines Module, which is primarily about the units and their employment. In short, it's nothing more than what you can do if you get a download then burn a backup of the program and print out the Supplement. The hardcopy version is really intended for those who do not have the option to download, for whatever reason.

No changes to Quick Battles in the Marines Module. If we did make changes it would be available to everybody, however we never intended on making QB changes at this point. As we've said for a long time now, we're not going to make any minor changes to QBs. Instead we're going to completely overhaul the system. That will take several months and therefore we aren't planning on it being something for Shock Force in the near term. The initial Normandy release will be the first one with the new QB system, then it will be seen in a modern setting after.

Unless I'm forgetting something important, the new QB maps will be available for everybody. The Marines Module does not contain any new terrain, therefore the maps are interchangeable.

Steve

Water (rivers/coasts) is not being added for the Marines module? Dang, I thought we were going to be able to have some fun with the AAVs. :(

Well, very nice vids and a great list of new features. One thing that kinda of stuck out in the newest vid, however, was members of a squad advancing on a building with AT-4s in their arms. Would be nice if the Marines had rifles up and AT-4s/LAWs on their backs unless preparing to fire (but particularly when they are moving to a new position). I'd think it worth the few extra polys.

-Secondary explosions for burning vehicles as ammunition "cooks off".

The gift that keeps on giving

What is pretty cool, too, and not mentioned in the feature list - the on-board ammo for vehicles is tracked. So if you have, say, a Stryker or LAV with a bunch of extra ammo on board, each cook-off will reduce that amount. Of course a lot of extra ammo also increases the chances for frequent cook-offs. So you better stay away from burning vehicles in the future.

Whoops... I just noticed that something is missing indeed. The whole Campaign section of the webpage is still hidden. :eek: Err... I'll be right back...

The Campaign Flow for Shock Force - Marines is very interesting :rolleyes:.

There is no such a thing for the "old" campaing TF Thunder.

Yeah, sorry about the water thing not being in. To do it right required too much time for a Module (lots and lots of AI work needed on top of graphics and physics!!). It's definitely going into the first Normandy release.

Normal Dude... I have no idea ;) I'll ask the testers and see if they remember.

IBCTs are definitely not in the Marines Module. I hope they can get in sooner rather than later.

Steve

Although I'm not sure I will buy the Marine Module yet , but 1.1 patch bring a lot of improvement I wouldn't have expected , especially dynamic AI arty or TACAI. ;)

Since the list isn't definitive, I am wondering how's it going for several points not mentionned :

-Hand to hand combat modelling

-Moveable waypoints

-WEGO in TCP IP mode