Marines!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The list of features we've put into the game for version 1.1 is just the highlights. There is a long list of other things which players have requested. We simply didn't want to clutter up the big stuff with the little stuff for the moment ;) Obviously we'll post a complete and full list eventually. Still some tweaks going in.

One thing that is still not in there is directional smoke for infantry. Yup, it's definitely something many people have asked for but it's not in yet. The reason is simple... other things were generally found to be more important so they went in first. Lots of very good ideas still sitting in virtual limbo. The programming is, relatively speaking, not a big deal but there was some coding that Charles would need to do to make it work. That's why it hasn't made it in quite yet.

Thanks,

Steve

A side bonus to all this, thanks to the Marines Module, CMSF will be eligible for a basic review a year down the road, after the fact. Game reviewers are gonna have to mention all the tweaks and advances for the stock title when they run the module. Could end up being a new windfall in sales.

You guys have done a fantastic job from the sounds of it and it's a pleasure seeing the naysayers being proven wrong.

Ok, now three of my four biggest wishes from the old engine;

Kill List?

Detailed Vehicle hits?

Building status (stars)?

The other is grass and stuff catching fire but I imagine that is gonna be held off.

Mord.

It's probably one of the most exciting things mentioned. I've been dying to hear more about it since Moon dropped the hint. The screen shots look awesome. Can't wait to see it in motion.

Mord.

Thanks for the update on inf smoke, Steve. It's a pity it's not there, but great that it's on the list. And I certainly wasn't trying to rain on anyone's parade by bringing it up straight after the Marines announcement - Marines and the ongoing updates look awesome. I know I'm one of the many who really appreciate all the work and dedication that you guys have put into continuing to develop this game. I'm pleased to be able to say that I've always had faith in you, and have said so here more than once. SF really is an extraordinary wargame, and it just keeps getting better! The potential for the CMx2 engine is really exciting.

(Directionable inf smoke would be cool, though!)

People who have hesitated about buying the game should REALLY consider getting the bundle now. Both Stryker Brigade and Marine Corps with the game features and the AI polished to a high sheen. I've lost count how many battles between the two of them. A recent review referred to CMSF as a 'minor masterpiece' and they ain't far wrong. In a just world the Marine module package would outsell the basegame ten times over. hell, anyone who's ever been in the back of an AAV7 or handled a M40 sniper rifle ought to want this game on his PC!

Of course, it wont be necessary to buy the marines to get 1.1. Something to remember.

Also, PBEM games. I take it any 1.08 games will have to be finished before downloading 1.1.

Will the 1.1 upgrade be released when the marines module is?

Yup, like almost all updates any existing PBEM games should be finished up before moving onto version 1.1. Even if we do not explicitly say to do that, you should. It eliminates the risk of the game producing unexpected results. For a major point release like this one, definitely finish up before using v1.1.

Yup, version 1.1 will be released simultaneously with the Marines Module's release.

Some of the testers "complained" about the AI's use of artillery/air on the fly :D Even when it was off target it was unsettling at the very least!

Steve

The original TaskForce Thunder campaign featured quite a few missions in which Syrian artillery fire occurred in the first few seconds as a preplanned barrage. Will the new "on the fly" control of artillery and air assets by the AI apply to the TF Thunder campaign as well as the Marines campaign?

Good News! The list is surely impressive.

Finally I can hear Warthogs farting :)

However, 1 question...

I dont mind paying my hard earned money to Battlefront for their hard work, in fact i'll gladly do it because they have a nice product . There will definately be a charge on my CC reading 'CMSF Marines'.

However I would like to know what extra's does the Mailcopy version bring except for a hardcopy? Having ordered the deluxe version of CMSF (download & mail), I'll gladly pay more for extra content. But if the download & mail option only brings the hardcopy (CD-ROM), i'm not sure if thats worth my extra $20 shipping. Considering my belief that Battlefront is such a honest company, they will not cash in major on shipping costs ( ;) ). Paying DHL $20 for delivering an (printed cd) installer which i can burn myself? (no offense ment) I'm not that rich unfortunately. In that case, if you want my money earlier, you can make the pre-order download only version available now @ $25,- :)

I'm still hoping for a CMSF Action Figure with motion and sounds which should make me buy the download & mail delivery pre-order! (FOURTH SMILEY HERE, NOT ALLOWED ; ) )