Forget Asymmetric Warfare! Ready for Transcendent Warfare?

Apparently they just don't want to be rich

NOT SO SMART

Re last week’s item on the latest Rupert Sheldrake foray into foolishness, a reader dared to ask the Sheldrake site why they wouldn’t take the JREF million-dollar challenge. This is the answer received:

I ask you to go there. You’ll see there just about all of the silly canards about the JREF million-dollar prize that have been circulated on the Internet for the past 10 years, augmented and hyperbolized. I’d say, judging from her statement, that Pam isn’t very smart, and she’s no researcher. At www.randi.org/research/faq.html can be found responses to almost all of those mendacities. A simple search would have established that for Ms. Smart.

Reader and friend Tony Youens, UK, when I asked him if he recalled who Pam Smart was, wrote:

Thank you, Tony. I knew that name was familiar. Ms. Smart is the person who – for some unknown reason? – refused me access to her “wonder dog,” who had been the subject of some earlier Sheldrake “experiments,” when I signified my willingness to see the work repeated under observation – and offered the JREF million-dollar prize if it worked. Why is it that everyone is so afraid of me?

You must remember that Ms. Smart wasn’t much interested in doing “research” for anything but that kind of rumors and mis-statements she preferred. As a researcher, I would refer to her as a police captain once referred to the late Dorothy Allison – “I don’t think she could find a bowling ball in a bathtub if the ball were on fire.”

In breaking news, the Roman Catholic Church has finally repealed the ruling of the Inquisition against Galileo, pardoned him and admitted that the Copernican heliocentric theory was correct. These momentous events took place in 1992, only 350 years after Galileo's death. Skepticism of scientific concepts that go beyond the paradigm has obviously been around for quite a while.

I'm fascinated by the basics of the energetic universe that permit Remote Viewing. If you're having difficulty accepting a relatively minor side effect like Remote Viewing then please take the blue pill and stay safely in the "real" world of sight and sound and taste and touch.

Whatever you think is right. :D :D

Wilhammer,

Take a deep breath....now hold it...now easy on the release. Feel better now? I was simply drawing a distinction between your posts in other threads

and the way that you've gone right back to going after me, as in this thread and below. That's all.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=82981&page=5

And isn't it interesting, that I'm willing to admit when you have valid points or when I've erred, yet you sweepingly generalize and categorically dismiss my views as "nonsense."

I think somebody's feeling threatened! Oh, and please don't scurry behind the skirts of

"I'm just trying to have a discussion here." It's quite clear not only that you a) aren't and B) are doing your best to derail such efforts by others.

Regards,

John Kettler

In breaking news, the Roman Catholic Church has finally repealed the ruling of the Inquisition against Galileo, pardoned him and admitted that the Copernican heliocentric theory was correct. These momentous events took place in 1992, only 350 years after Galileo's death. Skepticism of scientific concepts that go beyond the paradigm has obviously been around for quite a while.

Yeah but be fair they were admiting it a long time befroe they got around to formally pardoning hte guy.......the CC is a bueracracy too....and a particularly ponderous one!

the ban on heliocentricity was lifted in 1757, and the church allowed books on it to be printed in Rome from 1822, and the Vatican observatory was conducting experiments to prove it in the early 20th century (1908-12 according to the Cathlic Encyclopaedia)