hi moon will it work on windows me

My assumption is that, YES, it should work under Windows ME. I don't think that CMC is being programmed with any libraries that are only available on Windows 2000 or newer. I can be quite wrong on this however.

Also, depending on how large some campaigns may be, you may need a decent chunk of memory to possibly resolve some of the battles/turns within CMC. Though it isn't a known requirement at this point, you may want 512Mb or more. However I don't think Windows 9x/ME can normally work with any more than 512Mb. This article details some of the changes (hacks) necessary to support 1Gb of RAM under Windows 9x/ME. Again, the amount of memory and CMC's performance are not really known at this point.

A system that can run large battles under CMBB fairly well will probably do OK with CMC. But they are two very different games, with CMC possibly needing more in terms of memory and CPU performance (to make battle/turn resolution faster).