Quicker than risk and you can play on your own

Quite good fun and it's amazing what nuances even a simple game like this can have. I wasn't quite sure how the new dice got added at the end of the turn. Is it just random.

Getting drawn to go last in a game with 5+ players is a huge handicap. I've had two games where I was just left with a single feeble territory by the time it was my go. In the 10 or so games I've played the team that gets to go first or second nearly always wins. The rest are just fodder.

The number of linked territories is the number of replacement die you get. There's a readout next to the dice at the bottom. I've come back from 1 territory to win but I got really lucky being in a corner with only one entrance. As to where you get the replacements put - I've yet to figure it out.

Haha! What a nice simple sleek well presented game.

There is alot about the layout/design/sounds of this very simple game that makes it appealing and "professional" looking. Much better than some fancier games that cost $ that we know of :P.

However, I seemed to have found the key to success in this game and the road to defeat in my very first game, which I ended up winning LOL!. After being reduced to a corner with just 2 areas, I just sat back and passed each turn, building up my forces, and watched the others killed themselves in what appeared to be unchecked rapid blitzkrieg style expansion.

When I maxed out my two areas (8 die each), I just attacked one area at a time and consolidated every area back to 8 die before I attacked the next. I ended up winning! The AI seems not to know too much about the perils of aggressive over expansion and spreading yourself out too thinly.

I won my first and only game with 7 players. Essentially get yourself a defensive area and knock out players even if you over extend. Unallocated forces, that is over the 8 stacking max, are held off-board and stock you up. I found out that when I could only launch attacks into a single hex and though only having four territories the final enemy rebuilt to max for many turns.

For coming light relief it is worth finding this

battlefield-heroes

and going to the videos section and the release trailer

you will not regret it

Cool game.

One strategy appears to be to lure the enemy deep into your territory to free up the stacked pieces.

The different maps make it interesting. I liked hearts of iron for the same reason, certain regions gave you strategic advantages where you can only be attacked from a few directions.

Still playing too. Is it me or is the AI somewhat prone to picking on the player? It just loves to sit idle in a corner of the map, saving up dice and not exploiting any opportunities an AI rival gives it, and the second I border it the 8 dice stacks go to town on me, and only me. I hate it when games pull such stuff.

Still playing too. Is it me or is the AI somewhat prone to picking on the player? It just loves to sit idle in a corner of the map, saving up dice and not exploiting any opportunities an AI rival gives it, and the second I border it the 8 dice stacks go to town on me, and only me. I hate it when games pull such stuff.

Not noticed that, it seems pretty even. I think different colours may have different strategies though.

I have noticed this behaviour as well. But the exploit is to get a solid, defensible corner of the map, hunkered down, build up a reserve and then pounce. I like plot my moves so that if I have to leave only 1 die in a territory make sure it is surrounded by other territories with only one die. Presented with attacking a stack of 3 or a single, the AI normally goes after the single die. The AI will battle back and forth with itself, allowing you sit back, build up and then exploit tattered armies. Be careful as once you become the dominant force, the AI will turn on you. It also helps if you don't position yourself between two larger foes, let them knock the stuffing out of each other while slowly sniping territories with overwhelming odds.