How many many are playing Dropteam?

Aniruddha

Well, I'm from Minnesota, USA. Jung's from Toronto, Canada, and jby's from Austria. You could have found that out by looking at our public profiles. There aren't many of us, but we're close knit as a result, and we don't have problems between players nearly as often. The incident between Jung and kim2 is only the 2nd run-in between players I've ever seen (the other involved me :o). And Ani, we have a Wednesday match (7:30 PM EST), but if you want to have a time and maybe a server for European matches, that's just fine. Our Sunday matches are at 3 PM EST, and have existed since the beginning. The Wednesday matches have only existed since a few months ago.

I might actually be available for some battling in the afternoons (my time is GMT-4 I believe) for the next couple of weeks, so if any Euros get around to organizing a weekday evening game I could probably join. Also anyone else, let's say in Australia for example, wanting to arrange a time, go ahead and suggest one and I might be free.

I think I'm GMT -6? Anyway, I apologize for my terrible record in game appearances last week, as the Sunday players (And Oren during that one random meeting we had) know. I should be able to make most of the games next week.

I am on GMT + 1, and apparently the only EU player :'( I am also in favor for more games.

Don´t despair, I´m also GMT+1. Poesel is too, although I know he dislikes 1on1 games. Now if we had 1 more euro player...

anyhow, I can´t promise any specific day, but usually I should be able to play Mo-Thursday starting 21:30, if you tell me in advance.

If you want to be less of a bullet magnet on Wednesday, you could get some practice in online tomorrow at 3 PM EST. Beware, for I am one of the deadliest shots in the game. I'm one of only 2 people to make a kill at 6000+ meters without ion beams or ATGMs. Present your sides and rear to your enemy, and he'll kill you. Get to his sides and rear, and you'll kill him. However, do get used to the fact that when you get killed, you won't see who did it half the time.

Also, watch your back for infantry. They're stealthy, and when used right, lethal. I've laid bases low with only 1 squad snuck in. If we meet tomorrow or Wednesday at 7:30 PM EST, as I've told you in my PM, I'll give you some more info.

And Aniruddha, we already have a time for the Wednesday games, which is 7:30 PM EST, the original time. But nice idea with the European rounds. :)

Beware, for I am one of the deadliest shots in the game. I'm one of only 2 people to make a kill at 6000+ meters without ion beams or ATGMs.

I'm not exactly sure where you get your information from 152, but I have most definitely made a few 6000+ kills in my time and I'm pretty sure some of the older players have done this too.

As for Wednesday's game, I will be playing with the Euros in the afternoon unless something comes up. I will also try to make the regular Wednesday night fight as well.

Posted by Jung

I'm not exactly sure where you get your information from 152, but I have most definitely made a few 6000+ kills in my time and I'm pretty sure some of the older players have done this too.

I didn't know that. :o I was talking about my 6127 meter kill with a 120mm HEAT round on Ice Field. My apologies. Should we form a "6000 meter club" for those who have killed at such a great range?

About number of 'run-ins' between players: 152 you are too young to remember dark_au - I think he caused the most forum action ever. :) (yes, I'm going back into my crypt, no need to push).

About Wednesday: thats 20.00 GMT? That would translate to 22h german time (summer time), right?

About number of 'run-ins' between players: 152 you are too young to remember dark_au - I think he caused the most forum action ever. :) (yes, I'm going back into my crypt, no need to push).

Actually, I remember finding those dark_au threads while searching for other stuff, it had just slipped my mind. They kind of remind me of how I left the Steel Beasts community a few months back. It started over a trailer for a movie that was incredibly poor in taste. I complained, and pointed to it as evidence of something I had elaborated on in another thread. Soon the thread filled with personal attacks and offensive .gifs and that b****** admin Homer just supported it. To make a long story short, I left in a firestorm, and never looked back.

Poesel, you should know better than to utter that name again! The day he stopped posting and told us all to frak-off, once and for all, was one of the happiest days for this forum. Let's not speak of him again, lest he senses your utterance and turns his magnified powers of annoyance in our direction again.

Poesel, you should know better than to utter that name again! The day he stopped posting and told us all to frak-off, once and for all, was one of the happiest days for this forum. Let's not speak of him again, lest he senses your utterance and turns his magnified powers of annoyance in our direction again.

Yes. let's not. I don't want to end up in another Steel Beasts forum scenario like the one I talked about in my last post again. :eek: :(

About Wednesday: thats 20.00 GMT? That would translate to 22h german time (summer time), right?

technically, yes. I only realized now that GMT has no summer time.

I suggest we play at 19:00 GMT, which is 20.00 BST (british simmer time) which is 21:00 German Mean Time :)

;1080972']technically, yes. I only realized now that GMT has no summer time.

I suggest we play at 19:00 GMT, which is 20.00 BST (british simmer time) which is 21:00 German Mean Time :)

21:00 Dutch time (19:00 GMT, 20.00 BST, German 21:00) is fine with me ;D