• Announcements

• Battlefront.com

Special Upgrade 4 Tech Tips   12/27/2016

Hi all! Now that Upgrade 4 is out and about in large quantities we have now discovered a few SNAFUs that happen out in the scary, real world that is home computing.  Fortunately the rate of problems is extremely small and so far most are easily worked around.  We've identified a few issues that have similar causes which we have clear instructions for work arounds here they are: 1.  CMRT Windows customers need to re-license their original key.  This is a result of improvements to the licensing system which CMBN, CMBS, and CMFB are already using.  To do this launch CMRT with the Upgrade and the first time enter your Engine 4 key.  Exit and then use the "Activate New Products" shortcut in your CMRT folder, then enter your Engine 3 license key.  That should do the trick. 2.  CMRT and CMBN MacOS customers have a similar situation as #2, however the "Activate New Products" is inside the Documents folder in their respective CM folders.  For CMBN you have to go through the process described above for each of your license keys.  There is no special order to follow. 3.  For CMBS and CMFB customers, you need to use the Activate New Products shortcut and enter your Upgrade 4 key.  If you launch the game and see a screen that says "LICENSE FAILURE: Base Game 4.0 is required." that is an indication you haven't yet gone through that procedure.  Provided you had a properly functioning copy before installing the Upgrade, that should be all you need to do.  If in the future you have to install from scratch on a new system you'll need to do the same procedure for both your original license key and your Upgrade 4.0 key. 4.  There's always a weird one and here it is.  A few Windows users are not getting "Activate New Products" shortcuts created during installation.  Apparently anti-virus software is preventing the installer from doing its job.  This might not be a problem right now, but it will prove to be an issue at some point in the future.  The solution is to create your own shortcut using the following steps: Disable your anti-virus software before you do anything. Go to your Desktop, right click on the Desktop itself, select NEW->SHORTCUT, use BROWSE to locate the CM EXE that you are trying to fix. The location is then written out. After it type in a single space and then paste this:

-showui

Click NEXT and give your new Shortcut a name (doesn't matter what). Confirm that and you're done. Double click on the new Shortcut and you should be prompted to license whatever it is you need to license. At this time we have not identified any issues that have not been worked around.  Let's hope it stays that way Steve
    • Battlefront.com

Forum Reorganization   10/12/2017

We've reorganized our Combat Mission Forums to reflect the fact that most of you are now running Engine 4 and that means you're all using the same basic code.  Because of that, there's no good reason to have the discussion about Combat Mission spread out over 5 separate sets of Forums.  There is now one General Discussion area with Tech Support and Scenario/Mod Tips sub forums.  The Family specific Tech Support Forums have been moved to a new CM2 Archives area and frozen in place. You might also notice we dropped the "x" from distinguishing between the first generation of CM games and the second.  The "x" was reluctantly adopted back in 2005 or so because at the time we had the original three CM games on European store shelves entitled CM1, CM2, and CM3 (CMBO, CMBB, and CMAK).  We didn't want to cause confusion so we added the "x".  Time has moved on and we have to, so the "x" is now gone from our public vocabulary as it has been from our private vocabulary for quite a while already.  Side note, Charles *NEVER* used the "x" so now we're all speaking the same language as him.  Which is important since he is the one programming them
Sign in to follow this  
Aniruddha

How many many are playing Dropteam?

I wonder how many active Dropteam players there are and where they're from. That way it might be easier to meet online (e.g. organize a match on Wednesday for European players). Please leave a message to let me know.

Well, I'm from Minnesota, USA. Jung's from Toronto, Canada, and jby's from Austria. You could have found that out by looking at our public profiles. There aren't many of us, but we're close knit as a result, and we don't have problems between players nearly as often. The incident between Jung and kim2 is only the 2nd run-in between players I've ever seen (the other involved me :o). And Ani, we have a Wednesday match (7:30 PM EST), but if you want to have a time and maybe a server for European matches, that's just fine. Our Sunday matches are at 3 PM EST, and have existed since the beginning. The Wednesday matches have only existed since a few months ago.

I'm in Australia and the Wednesday night is a good time for me coz it's 9.30 Thursday morning here [oh the joys of working from home :) ] - though sadly the Sunday night doesn't work for me; well, I guess it would if I got out of bed with the kookaburras!

I might actually be available for some battling in the afternoons (my time is GMT-4 I believe) for the next couple of weeks, so if any Euros get around to organizing a weekday evening game I could probably join. Also anyone else, let's say in Australia for example, wanting to arrange a time, go ahead and suggest one and I might be free.

I think I'm GMT +9 at the moment [forget coz the clocks change around but yes, I'm pretty sure it's +9) and pretty much any day and time is good for me. Except between midnight and 9.a.m. Be great if there were extra games going on.

I think I'm GMT -6? Anyway, I apologize for my terrible record in game appearances last week, as the Sunday players (And Oren during that one random meeting we had) know. I should be able to make most of the games next week.

I am on GMT + 1, and apparently the only EU player :'( I am also in favor for more games.

Don´t despair, I´m also GMT+1. Poesel is too, although I know he dislikes 1on1 games. Now if we had 1 more euro player...

anyhow, I can´t promise any specific day, but usually I should be able to play Mo-Thursday starting 21:30, if you tell me in advance.

If you want to be less of a bullet magnet on Wednesday, you could get some practice in online tomorrow at 3 PM EST. Beware, for I am one of the deadliest shots in the game. I'm one of only 2 people to make a kill at 6000+ meters without ion beams or ATGMs. Present your sides and rear to your enemy, and he'll kill you. Get to his sides and rear, and you'll kill him. However, do get used to the fact that when you get killed, you won't see who did it half the time.

Also, watch your back for infantry. They're stealthy, and when used right, lethal. I've laid bases low with only 1 squad snuck in. If we meet tomorrow or Wednesday at 7:30 PM EST, as I've told you in my PM, I'll give you some more info.

And Aniruddha, we already have a time for the Wednesday games, which is 7:30 PM EST, the original time. But nice idea with the European rounds. :)

And Aniruddha, we already have a time for the Wednesday games, which is 7:30 PM EST, the original time. But nice idea with the European rounds. :)

Yeah I know, unfortunately that's around 2 A.M. here :(

Beware, for I am one of the deadliest shots in the game. I'm one of only 2 people to make a kill at 6000+ meters without ion beams or ATGMs.

I'm not exactly sure where you get your information from 152, but I have most definitely made a few 6000+ kills in my time and I'm pretty sure some of the older players have done this too.

As for Wednesday's game, I will be playing with the Euros in the afternoon unless something comes up. I will also try to make the regular Wednesday night fight as well.

Posted by Jung

I'm not exactly sure where you get your information from 152, but I have most definitely made a few 6000+ kills in my time and I'm pretty sure some of the older players have done this too.

I didn't know that. :o I was talking about my 6127 meter kill with a 120mm HEAT round on Ice Field. My apologies. Should we form a "6000 meter club" for those who have killed at such a great range?

About number of 'run-ins' between players: 152 you are too young to remember dark_au - I think he caused the most forum action ever. :) (yes, I'm going back into my crypt, no need to push).

About Wednesday: thats 20.00 GMT? That would translate to 22h german time (summer time), right?

About number of 'run-ins' between players: 152 you are too young to remember dark_au - I think he caused the most forum action ever. :) (yes, I'm going back into my crypt, no need to push).

Actually, I remember finding those dark_au threads while searching for other stuff, it had just slipped my mind. They kind of remind me of how I left the Steel Beasts community a few months back. It started over a trailer for a movie that was incredibly poor in taste. I complained, and pointed to it as evidence of something I had elaborated on in another thread. Soon the thread filled with personal attacks and offensive .gifs and that b****** admin Homer just supported it. To make a long story short, I left in a firestorm, and never looked back.

Poesel, you should know better than to utter that name again! The day he stopped posting and told us all to frak-off, once and for all, was one of the happiest days for this forum. Let's not speak of him again, lest he senses your utterance and turns his magnified powers of annoyance in our direction again.

Poesel, you should know better than to utter that name again! The day he stopped posting and told us all to frak-off, once and for all, was one of the happiest days for this forum. Let's not speak of him again, lest he senses your utterance and turns his magnified powers of annoyance in our direction again.

Yes. let's not. I don't want to end up in another Steel Beasts forum scenario like the one I talked about in my last post again. :eek: :(

About Wednesday: thats 20.00 GMT? That would translate to 22h german time (summer time), right?

Oups I am afraid so, I was still thinking in GMT +1, that probably why I was too early yesterday.

technically, yes. I only realized now that GMT has no summer time.

I suggest we play at 19:00 GMT, which is 20.00 BST (british simmer time) which is 21:00 German Mean Time :)

;1080972']technically, yes. I only realized now that GMT has no summer time.

I suggest we play at 19:00 GMT, which is 20.00 BST (british simmer time) which is 21:00 German Mean Time :)

21:00 Dutch time (19:00 GMT, 20.00 BST, German 21:00) is fine with me ;D

Sign in to follow this