CMAK PBEM wanted

Capt. Toleran

Looking for CMAK PBEM.

Conditions -- 1 turn per day max, longer for setup (setup is the most important turn). I may send more turns on some days, but I want to manage expectations so that we're compatible and no one is chomping at the bit.

Scenario or QB acceptable -- If QB, I would prefer Attack, me on defense. Scenarios from Scenario Depot from the past 12 months acceptable, anything older I have probably already played before. Nothing from the stock missions that came with CMAK, thanks.

No desert -- sorry, not a desert warfare fan. So either Italian campaign or faux-Normandy, which means 1943-on.

I'm open to other modifiers on QB force selection, such as rules on size arty, what tanks, etc., just please spell it out for me, as I've been out of the CM saddle for a while and forgot all of the special rules people made to even things.

Looking for one opponent only -- if you're interested, chime in here (so that others see) and e-mail me at toleran76@yahoo.com. Be sure to post here that you sent in case my spam filter gets ya.

It was out of courtesy -- If I had started a game, I would have finished it (I was only looking for one match, period), but the window of opportunity closed, and I made other plans. I remember when you didn't have to wait 24+ hours for someone to take up a PBEM offer (as I did), and my feeling was that my conditions were apparently not acceptable to those playing now. Rather than let someone reply much later after I had a change of heart and waste their time, I closed out the opportunity. Is there a problem?

I've decided to just go back to doing Human vs. AI scenarios from the depot, sad as that is. At least I can get in some turns, express my opinion on the scenario, and have some fun with the limited time I have, rather than wait for the opponents that didn't seem to be coming forward.

Sorry to have a little pop. It just struck me as funny.

The forums are dying and one of the reasons is the CM clubs take some of the vitality out of these forums. Much as I ask other people in WeBoB to come here - and leave links so they do it is not very satisfactory.

Because of the bad rep for dropped games that sometimes went with forum opponents the clubs have creamed off the players somewhat. I like my club because it is not ladder driven and pretty relaxed. However it does require every member to record/play a game once a quarter and it does have a sponsor system to weed out the uncommitted who bail when the game gets rough.

If you think you would want to play at once a quarter[or more] e-mail me. You can see the club here:

http://webandofbrothers.de/index.htm

Of course you could take the view that if they are as rude as me .... : ) There are plenty of US sponsors available out of the 200+ who are actually nice guys - its a very relaxed club.

Incidentally on the time front, if you do play PBEM again, I recommend highly PBEMHelper. If you are prepared to trust your opponent the Fast & trusted method means each e-mail you get actually will allow you to watch two movies and have two input turns. This means games can easily be completed in a month. Perhaps the chief benefit is that the action each e-mail is much more immersive and it is easier to keep track of what is going on.

regards

diesel

Yes you can. I have just finished a sponsor game with a Belgian using Hotmail and the full trusted mode . Chaulnes - played in slightly over a week - a tribute to us both being home based : )

There are a couple of guides I can send you explaining how it works. Some people pickup on it immediately without any help and some take time. It does not work with Apples . Very rarely is there a problem and out of the thirty people I have introduced only one or three did not adopt. It was/has been difficult with Comcast users as Comcast are b****** with blocking files.

It is interesting that two CM players both felt strongly enough on its value to write guides! I should mention PBEMHelper is not CM specific but does cover about 40 different games.