Terminator Salvation" won't hit theaters until next summer, but thousands of fans got

Abbott

a sneak peak:

Director McG presented never-before-seen footage during a Comic-Con panel and offered a few hints about what to expect from the highly anticipated fourth installment in the "Terminator" franchise.

For example, Arnold Schwarzenegger could be back.

"The T-800 model indeed is part of the mythology of Terminator," McG said coyly, referring to the machine model California's governor played in the first three films. James Cameron, who directed the first two "Terminator" films, and special-effects master Stan Winston, who died in June, also each had a hand in the film, McG said, adding that Winston made a cameo appearance.

"He wrestles one of the hydrobots," the director said.

The movie, currently shooting in New Mexico, could end up with an R rating rather than the rumored PG-13, McG revealed. "We put the picture first at all times," he said. "If it's an R-rated picture, it's an R-rated picture and that's that." He acknowledged that the studio is responsible for some of the online rumors."We release, like everyone else does, misinformation campaigns," McG said. "One of the joys of going to the movies is not knowing what's going to happen."

The brief clip shown Saturday was filled with explosions, tanks, gas masks, guns and crushed skulls. Set in 2018, the film is dark and apocalyptic, "exploring what the world is like after a nuclear holocaust," the director said. "We wanted everything to feel like giant Soviet tanks crushing all comers."

"Terminator Salvation," a Warner Bros. release, is set to hit theaters in Ma

• 10 months later...

Saw the movie yesterday!

What a disappointment on all levels!

Is anyone around here that was not annoyed by the story, the ending?

Sample questions:

Why do the Terminators think that throwing their victims around is an efficient way of killing them?

Why does Skynet not send dozens of Terminators to kill the intruders?

How could they fly helicopters right into the Skynet base?

Why the heck did they not kill the hybrid, instantly?!??!

Just compare this to the original, first part! A fraction of the budget, yet a movie that I could watch over and over again for style and coolness!

Best regards,

Thomm

Saw the movie yesterday!

Not seen it yet.But as soon as i saw it was a 12A over here i had a bad feeling.12A means kids can go and see it.

I have heard some bad reports about it.but will still probably go.But unfortunately i have just seen Star Trek and was blown away by that.So it had a lot to live up to before i even saw the trailer.

Saw the movie yesterday!

Is anyone around here that was not annoyed by the story, the ending?

Sample questions:

Why do the Terminators think that throwing their victims around is an efficient way of killing them?

Why does Skynet not send dozens of Terminators to kill the intruders?

How could they fly helicopters right into the Skynet base?

Why the heck did they not kill the hybrid, instantly?!??!

Just compare this to the original, first part! A fraction of the budget, yet a movie that I could watch over and over again for style and coolness!

Best regards,

Thomm

The Skynet's idea of air defence is a couple of lousy flaks?

Future soldiers don't have NVGs and still have to make do with flashlights when assaulting (no so) heavily defended enemy fortress?

What kind of CPU is running the Terminators? 486s? It couldn't hit anything form a very short range with a friggin minigun!

And don't even get started on the time travel conundrum....