This will pull your nipsy to your navel

I didn't see a parachute. One guy had a small backpack on, but I seriously doubt it was a parachute. With only the arm straps on it, you'd probably fall right out of it if it was a 'chute.

If you watch carefully, both guys seem to have backpacks or some such on. When the second guy hangs from the crane, look at his back as he swings and looks forward. On a number of occasions you'll see something poking out on his back.

Notice also the desire to film the building opposite whenever the two guys move around. Clear, pre-planned editing points. Seemingly they never wanted us to see everything. So, if you are hiding things, how hard would it be to wear the straps of the chute underneath your clothes?

Also, why is the first guy wearing a pack? You'd want that thing off your shoulders if you were doing this sort of thing. Give it to one of your mates or put it someplace. Not like someone is going to steal it up there! So why wear it? Because you have a reason to wear it.

One hole in my theory which I can't readily explain though. Those last few seconds, the dude climbing back on. I offer no explanation for that.

you can't wear a rig under your trousers without it showing

doesn't look like a rig to me theres no cut away three ring on the shoulder straps.. if it is a rig its some special version perhaps for microlights or sumfink?

also even if they have a stunt chute on its still sumfink I wouldn't do and I'm a qualified cat 10 skydiver

"friggin in the riggin" in french... sex pistol cover

I claim 10 bonus points for spotting that.

Boris

London

You'll know better then me about parachutes, though I remember hearing that BASE jumpers have their own special parachutes. Not really much point going for the reserve chute at the heights they jump from.

Look, I don't have a solid explanation that covers all the bases, as I admitted in my previous post, but what I'm seeing in that movie is making me very weary of taking it on face value. Maybe I've read one too many Kettler threads but something seems very fishy to me.

You'll know better then me about parachutes, though I remember hearing that BASE jumpers have their own special parachutes. Not really much point going for the reserve chute at the heights they jump from.

Look, I don't have a solid explanation that covers all the bases, as I admitted in my previous post, but what I'm seeing in that movie is making me very weary of taking it on face value. Maybe I've read one too many Kettler threads but something seems very fishy to me.

yeah might be faked in numerous ways who knows

to be honest I don't know what rigs base guys have these days but you(I) would still want the option to be able to cut away even if one had no reserve.. a snarled canopy on the ground etc..

this site has fairly conventional rigs

there may be stunt rigs that look like back packs or have no/hidden leg straps..

OTOH

never underestimate the reckless stupidity of young men... its all part of growing up and getting scared.

Boris

London