Forum pages opening at bottom of the page

I am probably not the only one being slightly annoyed by the new forums. ;)

Don't get me wrong; its not about the forum system, the layout nor the features.

It's the bl**dy 'scroll bug' or whatever you want to call it!

Switching to other forum sections is no problem, but every time you want to post, quote, open a thread or edit a post/thread the system takes you to the bottom of the page instead of the top which results in having to scroll back to the top to start working every single time. Quite annoying.

Is there anything you guys (Moon, isn't that your job? :D ) can do to fix this?

I've been on various other vBulletin boards which don't have this... feature (I am trying to be nice here). ;)

Funnily, after posting a reply it usually jump to the top of the page instead of showing your reply. It seems the scrolling is backwards!

To be honest, I'm not aware of any option here that can be set. Frankly, I'm also not sure if I understand what you mean. When I post, open pages etc. it's opening at the top of page. When I post replies etc., it's opening a page with the editor view only. Maybe it's your browser or a UserCP setting?

To be honest, I'm not aware of any option here that can be set. Frankly, I'm also not sure if I understand what you mean. When I post, open pages etc. it's opening at the top of page. When I post replies etc., it's opening a page with the editor view only. Maybe it's your browser or a UserCP setting?

I would guess browser or UserCP setting as mine seems to behave normaly.

Edit to add;

Yep after reply it jumped to my post. And after backing out to main Forum and then clicking on this post it starts at the top.

In the UserCP there is a

Thread Display Mode

When viewing a thread, you will be able to view the thread from a choice of four modes.

1. Linear Mode (Oldest First) - In this mode, posts are displayed chronologically from oldest to newest. Posts are shown in a flat mode so that many posts can be viewed simultaneously.

2. Linear Mode (Newest First) - This is the same as the above mode, except that posts are ordered in an opposite way (newest first).

3. Threaded Mode - In this mode, a tree is shown along with every post. This tree allows you to see the relationship each post has to others, in terms of who responded to whom. Only one post is shown at a time.

4. Hybrid Mode - This mode is a mixture of the linear and threaded modes. The post tree is displayed like in the threaded mode, but multiple posts are displayed simultaneously like in the linear modes.

Mine is set to Linear Mode (Oldest First) and seems to work as expected. I will try the other setting, and Re-post.

**confirmed when I set it to newest first then the newest post (this one) is at the top of the page. Is that what you mean??

Also when I refresh the page it starts at Yskonyn's post at the bottom of the browser window.

Same problem here with jumping to the bottom of the page. It is not jumping to a post, but instantly scrolling to the very bottom of the page. For example, when I hit reply to the thread, instead of jumping to the reply box, page was scrolled all the way to the bottom. Works fine in full screen mode, however.

Thanks guys to have cleared the issue up. Moon I hope you now know what I mean with the help of others explaining it better than I did?

Strange though that the windowed version works differently than the full-screen version.