British Bulldogs problem tread

I did take all of the panzers in range of the artillery I manned. The only panzers left where a long ways away to the north(?), out of line of site of my artillery, regardless of where I dragged it.

I've just recently returned to this game. Can you give me another hint on how to get more ammo for the PIAT's? Is it in a box, on the ground or in a vehicle?

And do I have to chase the panzers all over the map to win the scenario? OK, that would be two hints.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are 2 sections of Pathers from the Wien Division, one attacks the AI Shermans whilst the other goes directly for your Btn HQ. Its the 6 tanks attacking the HQ you need to kill to win the mission.

Regarding the PIATs there are troopers carrying extra ammo, you need to give this to the PIAT gunners.

HTH

I need another hint.

I've moved my squad over to the PIAT squads.

How do I take command of soldiers with gold icons?

I've tried adding them to a group with the shift +1 and ctrl + 1 keys but that doesn't do anything. Are there other controls that I can use?

I waited a bit and all of the PIAT squads developed green icons. I don't know why.

I sent some of my troops back to man the three artillery peieces and the rest with the PIATs after the tanks. I think I took out most of the tanks with the artillery and won the mission quite quickly (and easily).

The next mission, capturing Gavrus, CTD. I've tried different force mixes (all infantry, different armour, etc.) but same CTD.

• 3 weeks later...
One thing I should let people know is that B3 will be completely different in one important respect. That's that there are no deployment group forces i.e. only reserves.

lol did that with all the game's current campaigns, so much much better then being forced to take only certain units , etc...

Hello,

I just installed Bulldogs2 and also JHS1.3.2 and the typhoon mod from the Battlefront site.

The first mission CTD at about 90% of the progress bar.

Anything I can do to make it work or is this still a work very much in progress?

It looks really professional so far and I am sure it is very good.

Cheers

Alan.

Hello,

No I did not install 1.3.1 first, I dled and installed the 1.3.2 version thinking it was the latest full version sponsored by the Battlefront file depository.

Is this not so?

Should I uninstall the Typhoon mod, could it also be causing probs?

Cheers

Alan.

You were right, it all works perfectly now and whats more: it is superb!:)

There is a big difference between games made by enthusiasts as compared with general games companies. I can really see that you are into this period of history (I am too) and have put a lot of effort into the historic setting, units and so on.

On the first scenario I recommend that you put a number on the mini-map so that it is clear that one is supposed to run over to the other troops, with the green staff squad, in order to trigger the assumption of command over them.

Thanks for your help too in getting it all working.

Cheers

Alan.

It's really difficult to sort this one as I can't bloody reproduce the problem on my rig which is really frustrating for both me & thee!

To get around this dl & unzip this battle generator mission into the missions\bulldogs\bulldog1 folder. You wont get the random generated opposing force but at least it will allow you progress with the campaign.

HTH

Gnasher

Mission.zip

It is working again now, it is a bit annoying that some of the units deploy exposed on a hillside and are then immediately nailed (this sort of thing makes me feel guilty as a commander, especially when the units are english!), I would change this and make a little secluded deployment area on the little wood off to the right and or left.

More later.

AL

Looks good, It looks like you got the deployment just right in the original. Lots of nice ATGs and field guns too, I am having a hell of a time with what is left of my six tanks. I have managed to infiltrate my infantry into the back of the town and take both bridges and cleared out the river area. I just have to tackle the panthers and any counter attacks now.

Its been really good fun and a real challenge.

AL