• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Hi Majestic,

There is a known problem in Mission 2 in that it has an excellent mod by Oudy or the SdKfz250/10. Either install this mod or delete the units from the German side in the mission editor. It will be removed in the next beta.

Please let me know any issues you find I want to get this as good as I can make it. So far Beta 2 will include fixes for the following issues:-

m1 - fogofwar disabled

m2 - non std Oudy mod

I've also improved some of the maps for beta 2.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have some troubles with the mission "Sniper Hunt" of the campaign.

If I choose some additional units before starting the battle the game crashes at the end of the progression bar screen.

The resulting log file is attached (1st log.txt).

If I start the battle without choosing additional units from the beginning, the battle starts but all the armored enemy units explode (!), and the british armored units, along with cannons are without their crew and without ammo.

I can play the battle for few minutes but at the end it will crash although.

The resulting log file is attached (2nd log.txt).

I have installed JSH 1.3.1.

Could someone help me with that?

Thank you

pdp_ita

1st log.txt

2nd log.txt

The initial prognosis is that it appears to be a JSH 1.2.1 - 1.3.1 issue. I only tested with 1.2.1

It crashes on me too!

The tanks exploding is completely correct, this is the junk left over from the previous 2 missions which are on the same battlefield. I'm confused over no ammo as they all seem to be loaded in the mission editor.

@sneaksie

Please can you provide clues from the log file what the problem might be? I found some old syntax which I've updated but that doesn't seem to solve the issue.

There are strange errors, some units receive order to go to sleep or stop before they are completely loaded and game crashes. This may be caused by too many units. Try to insert delay for several seconds in the beginning of the init trigger to give mission some time to fully load before executing all triggers, or , better, call Disposition Mode before all other trigger commands.

Sneaksie

I deleted a bunch of units & put a 5 second delay in & then activated disposition mode. Unfortunately it didn't make any difference at all.

I think I might either rewrite the mission from scratch or gen & hack a battle generator version.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Still working on fixing JSH issues & improving maps. The JSH issue (Sherman firefly gun has no ammo.) Needs a full retest of the campaign to identify which missions have the problem, hence teh time taken so far.

With the maps I've found quite a few things & have learned much since B1, so the maps will look ALOT better in Beta2.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Going to be a bit longer on beta2 as I've decided to replace mission 5 "Sniper Hunt" with a new map & mission. This was just proving too hard to get working the way I wanted it to & TBH I just can't be arsed to debug it. Soo, the new map will be Eterville which is historically correct at the foot of Hill112. I'll post some WIP shots as soon as I have something worth posting. The map is currently about 60% built & I plan to use the mission builder with customisations for the mission.

More soon ;)

• 1 month later...