British Bulldogs problem tread

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As requested attached is the TOW LOG File when I get the CTD for the Bulldogs campaign. I tried loading other battles - just to be sure - no probs with any of them. Precise time of CTD is approx 3 secs after Chevux battle begins to load.

Thanks for any help.

logx.txt

Are the AI tanks Allied Shermans? If so they will go to meet a threat from the right. You will need to send your troops to get the PIAT squads & fight the Panthers that will turn up on your doorstep soon enough.

The allied shermans stay behind and do not go meet the Panthers, when I gather up my squad (the green soldiers) I only have 6 soldiers the rest is all AI.

The panthers comming at my doorstep are knocked out by my AT gun and 1 guy with the PIAT.

Do you mean that I must go with my troops to the AI piat teams and they will become under my control instead of being AI?

YES! Once you get the "we're being attacked" message you need to go & assume command of the PIAT teams in the field by the church. Move all of your squad into this field & you will be given about 40 infantry & some other assets with which to fight off the attack. The trick with this mission is to disregard the AI battle to the south & concentrate on the force attacking your Battalion CP. Once the Panthers are knocked out you'll win the mission.

Gnasher

One of the possible reasons for crashing is that you're using sdkfz 251/10 units which are not in JSH mod. AFAIK they were in Oudy mod.

BTW, there are many armored cars in 1st mission without ammo. To prevent this from happening in the future (forgetting about ammo) if you have many similar units, you can create unit, outfit it properly and then just copy over and over.

There is also no battleplane_ger_fw_190 air support.

Tom Sims

On mine work PC second mission crashes too and it's unclear why right now, but it almost finishes loading. But, since your mission loading crashes almost instantly, it seems that some files unpacked wrong or to the wrong place. Try to reinstall Gnasher's campaign and make sure there is load.ini file in MAPS/Cheux directory.

Sneaksie

I'm not sure what the problem with mission 2 is but it is the mission you gave me help for over at SimHQ in this thread http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2255603&fpart=2 & the resolution (for my rig at least) was related to the number of units.

You are right about the sdkfz 251/10s I thought I deleted all the pre JSH mods but this seems to have slipped the net, I will remove them.

Which mission do you mean about the fw190s?

Does it repeatedly CTD? Where does it crash? Have you tried more than once?

Not being funny here, it may be a problem with the random force generation although I think Sneaksie might have found the problem in that this mission has a mod (excellent btw) from Oudy for the sdkfz 251/10. If you are familiar with the editior try deleting these from Group_12th SS Panthers that may solve the problem. Please post if it does & I'll incorporate into beta 2.

Sorry I can't be of more help but I can't reproduce the problem on my rig :(

Tom Sims

On mine work PC second mission crashes too and it's unclear why right now, but it almost finishes loading. But, since your mission loading crashes almost instantly, it seems that some files unpacked wrong or to the wrong place. Try to reinstall Gnasher's campaign and make sure there is load.ini file in MAPS/Cheux directory.

Thanks Sneaksie - I will try your suggestions and get back to you.