Games you're waiting on...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NHL 09 demo released for PS3 before 360?!?! man what the @!#$ is that kind of @#!@?!?! PS3 sucks.

Didn't you get that memo yet? It said consoles suck and that they are inferior to PC gaming. :D

Seriously though, sports games are best on consoles hands down. I still remember the glory days of NHL 94 and 95 on Sega Genesis. Two very different hockey games, but both great fun. I was unstoppable in 95, but my buddy was solid too.

Didn't you get that memo yet? It said consoles suck and that they are inferior to PC gaming. :D

Seriously though, sports games are best on consoles hands down. I still remember the glory days of NHL 94 and 95 on Sega Genesis. Two very different hockey games, but both great fun. I was unstoppable in 95, but my buddy was solid too.

lol wut? the wii and 360 are WAY better than PC in my opinion. better games and graphics and sound and-the best-no virus or spyware threats for 360

• 2 weeks later...

For anybody interested, Steel Fury is coming out Nov. 7th, press release here:

Game publisher Lighthouse Interactive and developers Discus Games and Graviteam announced today that Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942, their historical detailed tank simulation game, has a solid release date. This PC DVD-ROM game will be available as direct download in the U.S. and Canada and begin hitting stores shelves across European territories on November 7, 2008.
I guess the boxed version won't be released in NA. I guess I'll do what I did with ArmA and buy the EU version from GoGamer.com.

Here's the box art:

332ed4a1fb15.jpg

Games I'm waiting for:

Steel Fury (interesting that BFC passed on it, seems like their kind of game considering they published T-72).

The new patch for Steel Beasts Pro, change log's big enough for it to be considered a game.

Men of War (I love this series).

Theatre of War 2 (looks good so far).

StarCraft 2 (mandatory purchase for everybody ).

OFP2 and ARMA 2 (both look great).

Gears of War 2 (multi looks much improved in this one).

Brother in Arms 3 (looks good but don't like third person cover system).

Digital combat Simulator: Black Shark (most realistic commercial combat simulator made, with the nifty KA-50 helicopter and more aircraft to be added modularly).

Might also get Fallout 3 (being a Fallout fanatic I'm not sure I like where Bethesda is taking the franchise) and Farcry 2 (looks good and sounds interesting).

While waiting for all of the pending new games I picked up John Tillers' Campaign Series from Matrix. I played these games ten years ago and once the newer OS couldn't run them I sold off my copies. Guess what?--I'm thoroughly enjoying this obsolete series again. Matrix did a good job by adding new units and rules options. The game is slow as hell but fun. Back to the future for me...

Anybody have any idea how long Steel Fury been out in Russia? I noticed there's mods for it already, most notably the Steel Panzer mod. Found some recent videos of it up on YouTube,
and a video of a German

Also there's a add-on for the game called Fall Blau. The teaser trailer looks great.

I am looking forward to this one (they picked a great battle as the setting for this game), though I hope the translations have improved from the readme that came with the demo.

As for how long it has been out in Russia, I think close to a year.

The T34 Vs Tiger game doesn't interest me all that much, driving around blowing up 1000's of T34's will get old very quick.