The forum complaints thread.

Might as well start.

A)The old forum filled my entire screen from left to right, the new doesn't.

B)Some of the smilies are decidedly average. The 'Angry' and 'Roll Eyes' ones are poor, I feel. And did the '? smiley' always make the text jump down a bit?

C)... I'll think of something later. Or just make something up.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No forum links at the bottom of the page, gotta scroll back up to the top to change forums.

Am I missing something or is there no simple link/url button to make a link? Same goes for adding images. I gotta click on the vb code links at the bottom left to see the code.

The most braindead function that vBulletin has to offer is activated: disabling the quick reply box until you select an existing message to quote (or get an entirely new page with a reply field, which damages performance, it's a full query).

All forums that had this selected at one time deactivated it pretty quickly. Even if you like the more structured nesting of quotes you'll quickly realize that most forumites don't give a damn and if you force them to select a post they reply to even if they don't quote then they pick a random one.

Oh, is the scrolling in the forum weird for anyone else? I thought it was some glitch at first but it persists and only on the BFC pages. If I use my mouse wheel to scroll up or down it goes a page up or down in a really jarring way. It won't even allow me to press the mousewheel to travel up or down.

Other vBulletins don't do this, and I really wish this one didn't either.

Oh, is the scrolling in the forum weird for anyone else? I thought it was some glitch at first but it persists and only on the BFC pages. If I use my mouse wheel to scroll up or down it goes a page up or down in a really jarring way. It won't even allow me to press the mousewheel to travel up or down.

Other vBulletins don't do this, and I really wish this one didn't either.

Works fine here (Firefox/Linux).

Works fine here (Firefox/Linux).

Never mind. I had the forum opened from inside the whole BFC website thingie. Viewing the forum in it's pure form, sans the website, everything is okay. This includes filling the entire page from left to right.

Smilies still so-so at best, though.

*edit*

Just had to say two things: Found out the solution prior to seeing Moons message. And that I am using FF3, like a sentient being.

No forum links at the bottom of the page, gotta scroll back up to the top to change forums.

Am I missing something or is there no simple link/url button to make a link? Same goes for adding images. I gotta click on the vb code links at the bottom left to see the code.

No, you don't. Don't use QuickReply, but the Reply button. That opens a new page with a WYSIWYG editor, where you have buttons for links, images and more. If you don't see that, then check your UserCP. You may have the editor set to None.

PS. If you don't want to give a title for your link, you don't even have to use the link button. If you leave the checkmark on near "Misc. Options - Automatically parse links in text" it will convert URLs to links automatically. Like www.battlefront.com

PPS. There is a link called "Top" in the low right corner of each forum page. If you click that, it jumps to the very top automatically.

The most braindead function that vBulletin has to offer is activated: disabling the quick reply box until you select an existing message to quote (or get an entirely new page with a reply field, which damages performance, it's a full query).

All forums that had this selected at one time deactivated it pretty quickly. Even if you like the more structured nesting of quotes you'll quickly realize that most forumites don't give a damn and if you force them to select a post they reply to even if they don't quote then they pick a random one.

We can change that easily enough. Let me check to see if Martin had a reason to set it this way. It was probably just the default.

As to the smilies, I will see about importing in the old UBB smilies and allowing you guys to access them as well as the new ones.

Madmatt

That looks like its a global "either or" setting and not something that can be made user configurable. We will look into it though.

Madmatt

Ah yeah I can see it is not a simple option to add. But apparently it can be done by adding a language and call it say English(UK) and change the time format for that.

Also located an add-on http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=97469 No idea how easy that is to setup. Im just desperate for my beloved 24 hour format heh

CBR

No, you don't. Don't use QuickReply, but the Reply button. That opens a new page with a WYSIWYG editor, where you have buttons for links, images and more. If you don't see that, then check your UserCP. You may have the editor set to None.

PS. If you don't want to give a title for your link, you don't even have to use the link button. If you leave the checkmark on near "Misc. Options - Automatically parse links in text" it will convert URLs to links automatically. Like www.battlefront.com

PPS. There is a link called "Top" in the low right corner of each forum page. If you click that, it jumps to the very top automatically.

Ahh ok, sweet thanks, had to change it in my CP, much better now. I did discover the "Top" button at the lower right hand corner. But when I went to edit my post I couldn't. Since now we need admin permission to edit after 5 minutes. Any chance this can be changed?

I just noticed my alleged join date: Dec 2007 Really? It seems longer. I think it was June 2003, if it can be changed.

Dec 2007 was when the beta testers did that you-know-what at that thingy. Not all testers seem to have been affected.

Hey look everybody, Elmars a noob, he just registered here back in Dec. haha. :D