The forum complaints thread.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Drop Team Forum description in the main list of forums could stand some tweaking. It currently reads:

"Discussion area for the upcoming multiplayer real-time tactical simulation of mechanized armored ground combat in the far future."

ISTR this one was released!

Regards,

John Kettler

Thanks John! Fixed it.

Well now, I was going to complain about

1. Forum being crammed between nasty pointless borders

2. Starting at the bottom

3. Scrolling of alarming wonkitude

but all these went away when I went to the full-screen version. So instead, I shall complain about

1. The lack of things to complain about

BF please fix or do somefink.

All the best,

John.

...I shall complain about

1. The lack of things to complain about

BF please fix or do somefink.

You might try jamming rusty nails as far into your ears as you can make them go. Perhaps that would give you something to complain about. Unless that sort of thing appeals to you. In which case, through a supreme effort of will you refrain from jamming rusty nails etc. Then you could complain about not having any rusty nails etc.

HTH

Michael

Which button is that - the only link button I can see doesn't include any provision for a title that I can see??:confused:

You don't need it, just type the title in the body of your text and then just click and drag to highlight the text you want to use for the title. In other words, highlight text title, click url button, put url in, and ta-da, theres your link with a title. :)

On a side note, is there anyway we can get back the drop-down window of the list of forums for easy navigating? At first I didn't mind much, no big deal. But now after using the new forums for awhile, I really miss the super fast drop-down forum list that use to be at bottom right.

Stalin's Organist, MeatEtr is right. The "title" for the link - you simply type it out in the text field. Whatever you type and highlight to become associated with the link will be the "title".

MeatEtr - the Dropdown Jump To menu has been disabled for performance reasons.

Moon,

Under "Display Options," there seems to be no "Go" or "Save" button to hold the adjusted settings. Nothing changed when I put new ones in, nor did a Refresh change anything. What am I missing, please?

Regards,

John Kettler

Just scroll to the bottom of the page and click "save changes". But before you click on it, you have to say the magic words, "MeatEtr is the best CM player in the whole wide world!". Then and only then will it save the changes. :D

Moon,

Under "Display Options," there seems to be no "Go" or "Save" button to hold the adjusted settings. Nothing changed when I put new ones in, nor did a Refresh change anything. What am I missing, please?

Regards,

John Kettler

There is a button "Save Changes" at the very bottom of that page.

I'm also having the problem of pages loading near the bottom, or the middle, or somewhere other than at the top of the first post.

While the link at the bottom of the Community page (Click Here for Full Screen View) makes everything OK, is there a way for me to save that setting in my User CP so I don't have to click on that link every time?

I'm using IE 7.0, surely not an odd browser.

Yes, I suppose I could bookmark it, but who needs yet another bookmark? Besides, when I visit company websites, I like to start out at the front page, so I don't miss the news.

Just a little reminder that the emoticons of Ye olden Days were so much better. Being angry or rolling ones eyes at someone just isn't the same anymore. Could we have them back?

It might even be fun to have the community offer up emoticons for use on these boards, with the best/useful 10 or so being used by BFC. A competition of sorts.

I haven't forgotten. Unfortunately I found out that vB does not support different sets of emoticons for different styles. I didn't want to replace the existing set for the default style. At least not without looking into alternative solutions first, so this went to the backburner for now.

In order to add much needed regional flavor, especially what comes to the Ozzies and Kiwis (and maybe Yorkshire), we should have a special "sheeplove" emoticon available, so that we could refer all things and persons "antipodean" in a short, effective and concise manner.

There are PC and not so-PC versions available, so family friendliness is not an issue here.

• 3 weeks later...