The forum complaints thread.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree up to a certain point, 30 mins seems a lot more reasonable, but like Elmar says, it's not like this was ever a big deal on the old forum.

I will also vote for a 3 character search string, try searching HMG or LOS it is impossible.

You can get around the search string problem by searching for "HMG*" - which of course gives you some extra junk. I agree that on a game and history forum it should be 3 characters directly. Keep in mind that aren't that many three-char words, so it won't blow up the index database.

I always thought it's best to have 3 days editing. You can make factual corrections when coming back the next morning or Monday. But you cannot go back and wipe out all your posts from the beginning of time.

One thing that bugs me is that blank space above the text of each post, next to the icon of the sheet of paper. It only seems to be used in the first post to show the title of the thread, which is already shown at the top of the page. It wastes space and makes the posts look unnecessarily cluttered.

Oh, is the scrolling in the forum weird for anyone else? I thought it was some glitch at first but it persists and only on the BFC pages. If I use my mouse wheel to scroll up or down it goes a page up or down in a really jarring way. It won't even allow me to press the mousewheel to travel up or down.

Other vBulletins don't do this, and I really wish this one didn't either.

Yep, and it's really annoying. Also, when I go to a new page it loads oddly, like at the end of the page or in the middle somewhere. For example, when I just hit "reply" I had to scroll up to find the reply text box....it started me in the middle of the page somewhere. Weird.

Yep, and it's really annoying. Also, when I go to a new page it loads oddly, like at the end of the page or in the middle somewhere. For example, when I just hit "reply" I had to scroll up to find the reply text box....it started me in the middle of the page somewhere. Weird.

Ok, Moon's link works. Maybe I should read the thread. Still, going to "community" from the Battlefront homepage shouldn't muck it up should it?

And I would've edited my original post but I can't now :wtf

*edit* holy crap now I can

**edit** I like it overall...nice work. I need to settle down and reset settings and stuff, CHANGE IS BAD AAAAHHHHHH

Ok, Moon's link works. Maybe I should read the thread. Still, going to "community" from the Battlefront homepage shouldn't muck it up should it?

And I would've edited my original post but I can't now :wtf

*edit* holy crap now I can

**edit** I like it overall...nice work. I need to settle down and reset settings and stuff, CHANGE IS BAD AAAAHHHHHH

It's not mucked for most browsers. For those who get sub-optimal results we have put that link to the full screen view at the bottom of the page.

One thing that bugs me is that blank space above the text of each post, next to the icon of the sheet of paper. It only seems to be used in the first post to show the title of the thread, which is already shown at the top of the page. It wastes space and makes the posts look unnecessarily cluttered.

It doesn't only work for the first post. You can add a title to every post in a thread (if you use the Full Reply function that is; QuickReply doesn't have that). Lookee at the top of my post :)

is this the right room for an arguement?

no, this is complaints!

ok seeing how i'm here

the page turn dropping you at the bottom of a page is annoying & surely unnecessary, ..., no other vb forum i've seen does it & bf is a puter company afterall & so it seems a bit 'unprofessional'

worrying about the edit timeout on the basis of preventing ppl from rewriting history seems a moot point & bloody odd given that the whole gf has been flushed , ..., again, ..., i wouldnt mind that much but wasnt it expressly stated that this wouldnt happen? I'm sure it was, ..., in fact i can remember thanking the mods for it.

Either way I mourn the loss of some great threads purely as a resource, ..., the GM hydrogen fuelled car one springs immediately to mind

I suppose that as a very minor member i suppose i've no real claim to a right to moan like this, ..., especially as really I'm gratefull that it still exists at all & can benefit from the collectives thoughts on all fings, ..., so thanks to the mods/bf for the forum

talking of the collectives forts on all fings, ..., wheres the traditional annual le tour thread? I blame boris' personality transplant

Boris London + Winston Smith = 5 posts since Jesus was a boy. Where have you been?

Newbie is too kind a word for this kind of indolence. And you're whining already, here in the complaints thread?

no I'm whining in this thread

here I'm not whining. even though it is the complaints thread.. which is kinda of the point of a complaints thread I guess

Boris

London

I seem to have lost 10k messages from my count - most of them were carp so the loss of content is no problem - but I hate looking like a lurker!!

10K lol...That's a likely story a story as I've ever read. Funny thing is I don't recall seeing you 'round these parts too often pard'ner.

:)