All Your General Discussions Belong To Us??

I'm guessing old GF posts are not in the current count. I've lost a couple of hundred.

Correct. We have pruned the GF and any posts you made there would not show up in the new post count after re-indexing. It's just fair. GF posts should count for 1/3 of normal posts anyway, at most :P

Correct. We have pruned the GF and any posts you made there would not show up in the new post count after re-indexing. It's just fair. GF posts should count for 1/3 of normal posts anyway, at most :P

Ahh man, but what about all those useless recipes and pointless political mudslinging. They added so much flavor and god awful smell to the forum. Our work is cut out for us, time to start all over. :P

Only lost 1500 posts. Haha.

I'm more concerned that they opted to enable the most braindead feature that vBulletin has to offer: by default disable the quick reply box until you designate a post to quote. I've never seen a forum admin keep that for more than a week, so there's hope.

Only lost 1500 posts. Haha.

I'm more concerned that they opted to enable the most braindead feature that vBulletin has to offer: by default disable the quick reply box until you designate a post to quote. I've never seen a forum admin keep that for more than a week, so there's hope.

Hehe, yeah, I was wondering about that myself. Not much of a Quick Reply if you need to click first, is it :) Thing is, this was not an opt-in, but it's how vB has it configured by default (and recommended in fact). I'll leave this on for a little and if it gets too annoying, we'll change it.

Hehe, yeah, I was wondering about that myself. Not much of a Quick Reply if you need to click first, is it :) Thing is, this was not an opt-in, but it's how vB has it configured by default (and recommended in fact). I'll leave this on for a little and if it gets too annoying, we'll change it.

Define "if it gets too annoying". Do you mean:

A) The feature gets annoying.

B) Us moaning about that feature gets annoying.

If it's B, you might want to flick that switch now. You should know us lot by now. ;)

Define "if it gets too annoying". Do you mean:

A) The feature gets annoying.

B) Us moaning about that feature gets annoying.

If it's B, you might want to flick that switch now. You should know us lot by now. ;)

I am completely immune to B. Years of practice :D

But.. but... the Peng threads count...??

*runs for the bomb shelter*