Interview over at the Wargamer

Interview

The main thing which will help in terms of game balance is the Diplomacy system. In the original (2) Empire games it was very hard to design a scenario which remained balanced for a significant period of time-one faction would quickly gain the upper hand and would snowball to victory. My most memorable games were those rare ones where things seesawed back and forth for many turns and the seafloor was littered with wrecked ships.

Here the weaker powers can gang up against the stronger, but the Fog of War will make things rather uncertain, as you'll be making deals into a void of information most of the time. Of course I don't know how good the AI will be at negotiating, or if it will backstab in a timely manner.

• 1 month later...
Yes I read the interview as well-I'm dying for new information/screenshots, anything!

Same here ... and not just the military side of things either. I really want to know more about city creation and management. Also would like to hear specifics about the naval aspects of the game. Can't wait!