Repeated v1.06 Crash with savegame file

Gents,

I have a savegame file with which I can crash my computer every single time.

I patched to v1.06 and started a new game. The savegame is 2 minutes into it. WEGO style. The freeze followed by crash occurs less than a second into the execute.

Is there anyone interested in getting a copy of this savegame and seeing if it crashes on their machine? If it doesn't, obviously my machine is the issue. If it does crash on another machine, it would help to narrow down a software cause.

My specs: q6600 processor, 8800GTX graphics, vista ultimate 64.

Thanks,

Ken

Originally posted by c3k:

Gents,

I have a savegame file with which I can crash my computer every single time.

I patched to v1.06 and started a new game. The savegame is 2 minutes into it. WEGO style. The freeze followed by crash occurs less than a second into the execute.

Is there anyone interested in getting a copy of this savegame and seeing if it crashes on their machine? If it doesn't, obviously my machine is the issue. If it does crash on another machine, it would help to narrow down a software cause.

My specs: q6600 processor, 8800GTX graphics, vista ultimate 64.

Thanks,

Ken

Is this with Paradox version?

1.06 - new game - BFC version - also WEGO - I have a save file which crashes to desktop by just pressing red button every time. First time this game has ever crashed for me. XP 7800GT .

I've tried to play two scenarios now with 1.06.

First one I bailed out of after a squad got stuck in a building and would not move out.

Second has this crash problem after reloading save and clicking red button.

It's playing a single player WEGO game, Al Amarah, Fresh install of game, 1.06 without overwriting any older patches, no mods, or user made scenarios added to the game.

Didn't have this problem before 1.06.

SavedGameLinky

My specs;

Gateway Model GT5034

Foxconn C51GU01 Motherboard

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core

Core Processor 4200+

2.20 GHz, 1.50 GB Ram

WinXP Media Edition SP2 (all Updated)

DirectX 9.0c

BIOS Phoenix-Award WorkstationBios v6.00PG

Page file 307MB used

BFG NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT PCIe 256MB GDDR3 Ram

Melnibone, I just tried your file and it crashes as you describe.

Mord - I tried your file and I get the crash on the replay in the final second. Is that what you were seeing? This exact problem has been reported in another couple of threads as well. At least with this problem you can work around it by pressing the red button before it gets to 1 second - not much Melnibone can do with his save game though, short of restarting the mission and seeing if it happens again.

Hello,

(Sorry for my poor english, I'm french)

I currently have the same problem whith a PBEM game in 1.05 (scen Hammertime)Battlefront version.

The previous turn crashed a couple of time when I pressed the red button (3-4 seconds of normal freeze and then CTD) but it finally worked.

On the other hand the current turn crash at every try. (same problem, 3-4 seconds and then CTD)

I sent the save to my opponent to see if it can execute the turn on his computer. Witch seems to work, so the game is back on track. I hope the problem will not pop again next turn.

Intel core 2 cpu 6420 @ 2.13GHz

2 GO ram

Geforce 8600 GTS

Melnibone tried yours and it crashed straight away.

Mord: tried yours and it crashed after about 45 seconds. By the respect for playing on Elite.

My problems worsened. Got through the previous crash on Ghost campaign only to have it crash a turn later. But now I'm getting CTDs with Al Amarah too!

BF got an official word on this?

I get the crash at various points. Sometimes I can play another two turns before it crashes...sometimes it crashes during play back of that turn...

I am semi glad it's not just me.

This never happened before 1.06...then again I don't think I played much of 1.05.

Mord.

I fired up a game last night and never had any CTDs. There was plenty if action and loads of replays because my son was acting as a platoon commander.

Fire it up today and the same game crashes on the first saved turn we try.

This is not empirically tested; but I'm wondering if the problem creeps in from the saved files. Any thoughts?

Edited: Doh! Just read the this thread's title again. :rolleyes:

So far no crash with Mords file for me. I have done 3 turns.

(At the risk of starting another debate I can't believe how frustrating WEGO is for me now...hee hee. It must have been a VERY long time since I played this WEGO. While watching movies I kept trying to target enemy units and move guys. That being said I can see how the new build is a godsend for everyone)