1.04 Possible LOD problem ?

Originally posted by Kieme(ITA):

Hello everybody!

I'm not sure if this is a game related problem or not. Maybe somehow my computer has some problems with the rendering or similar.

All settings at max. Vsync on. 7900GTX 512mb vram, dual core AMD, win XP, 163.71 drivers. aa and af 4x.

Well, I guess the image you posted shows that they are now "lodding" the terrain as they should have from the beginning. The problem is from where the loddning is done - what's the center of the world? ;) The 1.04 terrain lodding works for me, but I think that there should be some levels in the terrain LOD:s. As it is now there seems to be only two levels which makes spotting the LOD-switch too easy. A few more levels and it would be much more transparent I guess...

I first thought that was a drivers related problem.

Actually I like the idea for keeping down frame rates but the visual quality dropped in some types of views.

I don't want to appear un-happy for anything that comes out, I just wanted to know if this was a "problem" from me only.

Thanks for your replies.