1.03 - invisible infantry and missing shadows

Hi Madmatt and sorry for not posting my info this time.

I have the soldiers back after setting the resolution to 1024x768 and the Alt-w toggles the soldiers on and off now....?

See these pictures:

CMSF103_Shadow_OFF.jpg

CMSF103_Shadow_ON.jpg

My pc:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+

RAM: 2 GB

GFX Card: Nvidia 8800 GTS 640 OC2 (163.44 Beta drivers)

DirectX: 9.0c

I have installed the AMD driver and the MS fix.

My dxdiag info: DxDiag.txt

This worked fine in 1.02 and there have been no changes driver wise since I last played CMSF 1.02...

There is a known issue with some Nvidia drivers where the display of shadows also caused the infantry to become invisible. The fix was to turn shadows off.

I believe Rune first noticed this back in the beta but I thought it was fixed with the newer Vista drivers however your running those new beta drivers that just came out. What OS do you run?

Madmatt

I've just been hit by the invisible inf bug. It only seems to apply to inf dismounting from vehicles. They're there, but invisible. Also, spotted enemy units suddenly don't show up either, so I can't see what my units are firing at or what is firing at them.

This has just happened for thefirst time, six battles into the campaign. XPmediacentre SP2.

• 2 weeks later...