Sound Mod

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tartari,

I downloaded your TT_Sound Mod 1.499 from the Repository and it is fantastic!

I read all all the posts in this thread and it appears that you have several sound mods for TOW.

Do you have another sound mod that changes the tank gun sounds in TOW?

Do you have other sound mods available for TOW, and if so where can I download them?

Also, the sound mod above runs great in TOW except for one problem. One particular machine gun sound gets caught in a loop causing the game to stutter for a second. I am not sure exactly which sound in the mod this, but it is some sort of machine gun.

Do you know which sound this is? Is there an easy fix for this problem? Do I just delete the offending sound from the sound mod folders?

Thanks for your hardwork!

Gary

Thank you Ruzbasan! :)

I've been working for months on ToW2 sound mods (small arms/guns/artillery/planes/engines)

and will release them soon for Kurks and Afrika (matter of days or weeks). Then, I'll convert these sounds for ToW1 even if the automatic weapon system sound is not as good as ToW2's.

Regarding my old soundmod, it was made for the vanilla game, did you mod your game? If you are using a mod that changes some gun values, precisely the rate of fire data, my sounds may not function well.

Hi Tartari,

Thanks for responding.

My TOW install is not modded. I only installed the TOW Uber patch from Battlefront over a vanilla install.

Is there an easy way for me to isolate and identify the offending sound file that is looping and simply delete it from your sound mod folder? Would your sound mod still run if I did that?

Great news about your mod for Kursk, I plan on buying that soon. When it is ready I can't wait to hear your new sound mod for TOW.

Ruzbasan

Ruzbasan,

thanks for the feedback!

I gave a look in the game to the small arms sounds but did'nt found that problem, even though some MG sounds are not perfect sometime because the "burst" record does'nt match always the random bullet number fired by the weapon, the vanilla sounds are in "one bullet" sound system and that sounds rather unrealistic. ToW2 fortunately can run burst sound...

Could you tell me which weapon sound causes the problem? Anyway, you can disable this old mod and wait for my new one which will have far better sounds.