Just a question...

Mcalhau

Hi

I´m really a dumbass in this matter, but I thought in trying to make a Campaign, based in a conflict ( that was near to happen) with the Allies vs Soviets.

I´ve allready tryed one battle in the Battle generator, but it didn´t alowed to give reserves to the Soviets (2º army), did I miss something!? :(

And by the way, I know that this is to much for me :D , but is there any possibility to make German armament available for both Countrys?

Thx.

It sounded to me like he wanted to do a campaign based on a conflict (which would have made George Patton happy) between the US/UK and the Soviets immediately following Germany's surrender.

The US/UK and the Soviets, having destroyed Germany, taken possession of German territory, and utilizing some captured German equipment, start World War II 1/2. Soviets, maybe, want to take over all of Germany and maybe Western Europe as well, while the US/UK led or influenced by Patton, want to drive them out of Europe all together, and maybe over the Urals too while they're at it.

Mcalhau, is that the type of campaign you had in mind? In the 1945/'46 range as opposed to a Cold War or WW3 scenario as lele assumed?

I'm pretty sure it's possible to allow each side to use German equipment. The JSH mod has added some US equipment to the Soviet list (lend/lease), so it'll just be a matter of finding out how.

hi, sure Mcalhau that i have heard this history, but i have just say, that for me is unknow why gamer would use each time game engine from ww2 game, to make scenario from after ww2!

and 1948 is after ww2 end.

to moment, many modder don't realy know funtion of normal game engine, so make full new modification before all is know, this should done many knowledge.

Why can´t be a WW2 game engine be used?! For what I know all the War doctrines aplied in this war were still in use for some decades to follow. And many of the armor and armament was still in use for some more years. (In the six day War 1967 , Israel- Egypt war, you could see there many tanks from WW2, like the Sherman and others for Israel and some PzIV and many t-34 and other Soviets WW2 tanks for Arabs),

Mcalhau, that kind of campaign would be easy to make since you can set "diplomacy" to anything.

The 'Reserves' is for the player to customize his forces before the battle. It isn't for AI armies. If you want AI units to appear late, the group must have the "sleep" attribute set to true and you must write a trigger to land them.

Using German equipment is harder and requires modification of game files. If it isn't in JSH, you'll have to do it yourself.