Higher resolution textures?

Dowly

First of all, hi to everyone! Just got ToW few days back, having been recommended by a friend. So far enjoying it, with only few things I dont like (mostly because I am so used to Close Combat series).

Anyways, I'd love to reskin some of the uniforms, but the problem I encounter is the 256x256 texture size. All the skins I've done so far have looked pretty crappy in-game solely b/c of the size limitation.

I've tried making the file 512x512, but the game reverts it back to it's original size.

Does anyone know if it is possible to increase that limit to 512 or perhaps even to 1024?

And lastly, here's a small sneak peek of the Waffen-SS camo uniform (still WIP).

SSSkin.jpg

Rrright. This is the part I feel like donkey's butt. You can have higher resolution skins, by just simply sizing the texture file normally. The models are the ones that deceived me on this one, makes some parts look very low res even with 2048x2048 textures.

Sorry. smile.gif

Those look great! Too bad about some of the stretching on the textures at the shoulder and crotch. Should the bottom of the tunic in the front be transparent because the shirt tails are separated? What's with the helmet texture on the front? Is the texture just a bit off there or is it something that would require remapping it in Max?

Originally posted by Kharnvor:

Those look great! Too bad about some of the stretching on the textures at the shoulder and crotch. Should the bottom of the tunic in the front be transparent because the shirt tails are separated? What's with the helmet texture on the front? Is the texture just a bit off there or is it something that would require remapping it in Max?

You must use another body.msh, i took the german summer 43 file for my ss-camo with helmet.

The camo looks great smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by Dowly:

SSSkin.jpg

Dowly, I have a quick question for you. This SS person of yours here... his name... it wouldn't by any chance be...BERNARD?!?! :D Hehe, I loved reading your old posts on Subsim :D

Awesome skinning. I can't wait to get Bernard into ToW smile.gif

PS: Imagine the possibilities of a Bernard thread on here?!?! :D Hehe take care mon ami.