[Rel] Small Arms Mod

Boog

I just have your semi-auto mod you sent me and I noticed something......

There are these animations listed for the original rifle files:

stay2shoot_rfl.ani Layer=3

stay_shoot_rfl.ani Layer=5

shoot2stay_rfl.ani Layer=3

stay_reload_rfl.ani Layer=5

lay2shoot_rfl.ani Layer=3

lay_shoot_rfl.ani Layer=5

shoot2lay_rfl.ani Layer=3

lay_reload_rfl.ani Layer=5

knee2shoot_rfl.ani Layer=3

knee_shoot_rfl.ani Layer=5

shoot2knee_rfl.ani Layer=3

knee_reload_rfl.ani Layer=5

For the semi-auto types you only have these:

stay_shoot_sma.ani Layer=5

lay_shoot_sma.ani Layer=5

knee_shoot_sma.ani Layer=5

okop_stay_shoot_sma.ani Layer=3

Is this purposeful? Is this how you got rid of the bolt animation?

BTW, i thought I found out why the rifle would only fire so fast using semi-auto mode. I switched Effectmode to "Auto" and inserted a Burst value of 3 and 4. But this still didn't increase rate of fire as far I could tell. Even when the shot frequency was set very high.

It looks like the soldier is re-aiming between shots...I just haven't figured out what is different between the SMG and the Rifles that slows down the firing process....very frustrating.....

Sneaksie, could you add any input here? Boog has fixed the bolt animation problem, but the gun won't increase rate of fire after a certain point.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also found this code in human.cpp

This seems to be the AI behavior protocols. This is the interesting part concerning firing wepaons:

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">State BurstWeapon

{

HasNextCommand -> PopState;

HumanIsTrench !BodyPos(STAY) -> { ActHumanPosStay; NextLine; }

TargetPointValid GoodShootPos(1, 100, SELECTED) !BodyAimed -> { ActHumanBodyAim; ActIdle100; }

FireMode(HOLD) -> { ActSFAttackInProcessHoldFire; PopState; }

TargetPointValid GoodShootPos(90, 100, SELECTED) PointInLOF(ALLY, NEUTRAL, GROUND) -> { ActHumanShootBurstShort; ActSFAttackExecution; PopState; }

TargetPointValid GoodShootPos(1, 90, SELECTED) PointInLOF(ALLY, NEUTRAL, GROUND) -> { ActHumanShootBurstLong; ActSFAttackExecution; PopState; }

-> { ActSFAttackAbortedNoLOF; PopState; }

} // end State BurstWeapon

State SingleWeapon

{

HasNextCommand -> PopState;

HumanIsTrench !BodyPos(STAY) -> { ActHumanPosStay; NextLine; }

TargetPointValid GoodShootPos(1, 100, SELECTED) !BodyAimed -> { ActHumanBodyAim; ActIdle100; }

FireMode(HOLD) -> { ActSFAttackInProcessHoldFire; PopState; }

TargetPointValid GoodShootPos(1, 100, SELECTED) PointInLOF(ALLY, NEUTRAL, GROUND) -> { ActHumanShootSingle; ActSFAttackExecution; PopState; }

// àòàêà íå ìîæåò áûòü âûïîëíåíà

-> { ActSFAttackAbortedNoLOF; PopState; }

} // State SingleWeapon

</pre>

Yes, the animation changes are purposeful. I only edited those that AFAIK, contained the bolt animation.

For example, stay2shoot is the ainimation for a standing soldier to raise his rifle as in "standing to shooting". Doesn't matter if it's bolt action or not. So it's OK as is.

Originally posted by SlapHappy:

It seems stable to me. I would look at the accuracy values rather than just the engagement ranges....but that's just me smile.gif

All accuracy values came from the developers, with the exception of HMGs, which are half of those of the developers. I only standardized what seemed like rushed and inconsistent entries. I think skill level has a greater impact anyway.

Do you have any specific suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Old Thread about all kinds of weapon spec modding.

One thing that was never mentioned was adjusting the shot frequency especially on the HMG. For Example:

The HMG 42 had a shot frequency of 18.333. With a burst of 10-12 rounds. They would fire two bursts, go have a cigarette and fire again.

I bumped the frequency to 4, with 8-10 round bursts. And the rate of fire went to 4 consecutive burst! and a pause of 4-5 seconds followed by 4 bursts again dropping a target or two each time. With 1000 rounds they sustained this to take out nearly 2 squads in an empty field assaulting at 400 meters and closing.

I put the LMG 42 to a shot freq of 6 with 6-8 round burst to conserve ammo ( in theory less barrels carried by a LMG'er) and they fired 2-3 consecutive busts with a pause after each set

As a control I set the shot frequency to 30, the HMG 42 fired one burst with a really long pause for a cigar before the next salvo was fired.

This is a bandaid solution to fix the lethality and behaviour of LMG and HMG in the game maybe. But the burst size should be watched to reflect the magazine size, ammo carried, and barrels i.e the BAR should have 4-6 round bursts at a shot freq of 7 or 8.

I altered all squad MG like this, now its like watch him he's got the BAR, or there's the MG42 gotta bring an AFV forward.

[base]

Country Ger

Name 7_92mm_MG_42

[Properties]

Kalibr 0.00792

useHookAsRel False

EffectPreset 007_009mm_Front_auto

Sound weapons.ger.7_92mm_mg_42

EffectMode Auto

Burst 8 10

ReloadTime 4.5 5.6

shotFreq 4