[Rel] Small Arms Mod

Originally posted by boog2006:

SlapHappy, my extracted files are not the same as yours, but I haven't extracted since the patch. For some reason, my extractor doesn't seem to be working anymore.

They're not the same? That's really strange.....

Do you have your extractor program located inside the Mission Editor folder? Also with a current filelist.txt document located there as well?

I'm fairly sure that even the most current version of the extractor program only pulls files from the base .sfs files...not patch1.sfs or patch2.sfs.

Perhaps the good Doctor could enlighten us?

Could you post your version of the 7_92_mg_34.ini file for comparison? That is, if you can get it working? Do you have an older copy of the extracted file?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was extracted in the summer, either before or after the Battle for Moscow Patch in June.

[base]

Country Ger

Name 7_92mm_MG_34

[Properties]

Kalibr 0.00792

useHookAsRel False

EffectPreset 007_009mm_Front_auto

Sound weapons.ger.7_92mm_mg_34

EffectMode Auto

Burst 10 12

ReloadTime 4.7 5.8

shotFreq 11.66666

traceFreq 1

Magazines Ger\MG_34_belt Ger\MG_34_Magazin

ammoUsed Ger\7_92x57_Mauser

AimDistance 0 50 100 500 1000 1500 2000

AimRadius 0 0 0.1 1.3 2 3 4

[Ger\7_92x57_Mauser]

Ammo Ger\7_92x57_Mauser

Speed 785

aimMinDist 2

aimMaxDist 2000

HistMaxDist 2000

Dispersion 100 0.15

LinesH 0 100 500 1000 1500 2000 2500 3000 10000

Lines 0 100 183 238 293 347 400 452 1092

Penetration 11.5 10 4 1.6 0.6 0.5 0.4 0.3 0

Wow you're right...everything else is the same, but the curve for the accuracy numbers are slightly different.

I have the most recent patched version of the game with the JSH 1.1 mod installed. Mine is the Battlefront.com download version. I don't think the JSH 1.1 mod changes any of these numbers, so i don't think that could be the difference.....

Mine was the download version downloaded on April 25, 2007.

What's more, in my files the HMG 34 IS more accurate than the bipod 34 and same for 42s. So that will take care of itself. I'm not going to further touch accuracy since I don't think I would do any better. I am considering reducing rifle engagement ranges, though. 400m I think is a litle too short if the player can NEVER shoot past it. What do people think?

Originally posted by danjeje:

I have the data files before Uber patch and after Uber patch.

The data of boog2006 are the older one.

SlapHappy, do you know how work the "dispersion" value?

The first value is in meters and the second value is the round dispersion in meters. Basically, it represents the tendency for rounds to spread one from the other. If you decrease the second value, the spread becomes narrower. If you make it very small on a MG, for instance, each following round will strike in almost the exact same spot, vs. spreading around in the aiming radius.

At least that was my experience in tweaking the values. The Tiger cannon is very deadly because it has a very minimal dispersion vs. other tank guns. Don't forget, though, that the dispersion is rated at a certain range, so even if the dispersion seems low, if it is only at 100 meters, then very long shots will still spread.

The best suggestion I have is to try and experiment with a test scenario. That's how I do it!

Thx SlapHappy.

In the unit panel in the game each gun have the "Grouping, ang.min." value, is the same thing as "Aimradius"?

boog2006, I dont know why you have problem whit the extraction of the new files.

All I did is set a new extraction folder for the new files.

All the other things are the same as before.

Give me your email, I sent you all the files you need.

Originally posted by SlapHappy:

If it was before the Battle for Moscow patch, is it possible they manipulated the numbers in that patch.....Still I don't believe the SFSExtractor pulls files from the patch1.sfs or patch2.sfs files....

Could be wrong, though!!!

Hi,

extractor loads from patch1.sfs, but not from patch2.sfs,etc, its hard coded. I will change this to dynamic way to load sfs files. I will upload the fixed version to www.cmmods.com.

br.

Dr.Jones

For the MG26(t), I'm quite sure the magazine is only 20 rounds.

I found some Czech pictures where I see a small magazine then that of the bren. (30 rimmed round caliber 0.303)

http://www.fronta.cz/fotogalerie/lk26

I thought the German have a bigger magazine but yesterday I found a picture in a book where an SS using the MG26(t) and the magazine is the same as the original Czech.

All the source I found say 20 rounds magazine for the ZB vz.26 and the other ZB models.

danjeje, we're both right. Check out this youtube with the larger 30 round mag.

There are 20 and 30 round mags out there. I'll include both, then people can use the mission builder to decide which they want.

I'll let you know about tose files after I try the new extractor.

Boog

I know WHERE THEY ARE, but that's about it. Without a way to determine what each bit of code does for each animation part, I'm afraid the tinkering process will be basically trial and error.

I was going to even attempt that, but what's confusing to me is how does one know what parts to eliminate to get the desired result without causing a program crash? What makes it even harder is that you don't really want to discard the reload animation, you just want to delay it so that it triggers AFTER the soldier has espended the entire clip. That is the real problem here as far as I can see.

Another approach might be to fix the SMG animation and try to elevate the position of the weapon so that it is higher on the shoulder. Then you could get around the tinkering with the rifle animation and in the process fix the Sturmgewehr assault rifle as well as the tokarev and the garand. The modified file could be called semi-auto and all three weapons could be assigned to it.

I'm happy to report success. The M1 Garand and SVT are working with new semi-auto animations.

Here is the problem I'm having now. When I hacked the M1 and SVT as mgns, they fired from the hip but you could easily set the shotFreq (rounds/sec). I went as high as 1.75. Now, the animations are right, but the rate of fire is way down and does not respond to the shotFreq value much. The rate is only slightly faster than bolt action rifles. I think the problem is in aiming, since if you give an area fire command, the rate of fire is fast. Similarly, I tried to fix the stg44, but unfortunatly, with correct animations it can only work as semi-auto but still makes sound as if it's auto. Any Ideas?

Oudy (or anyone else), the questions I have:

-What is the purpose of Human.rc? I did not understand about the table headers in your post from over the summer.

-in the animation tables, what are {}, %, +, ., [], etc.?

Did you change the weapons Effectmode setting to "Auto" from it's original of "Single"?

That might fix the problem with the slow rate of fire, since the firing unit won't "re-acquire" targets between shots.

It might have something to do with the STG44 as well, but I'm unsure. The sound effects system seems to work on individual rounds fired, so it appears to be something out of sync between two files somewhere.

[ February 20, 2008, 07:46 AM: Message edited by: SlapHappy ]

• 2 weeks later...

Updated the first post to reflect everything this mod now does.

I'm about ready for release. I am requesting beta testers first, please. Post here if interested.

Also, I am asking permission from the JSH team, as I have done some of my work "on top" of theirs.