@ Sneaksie and Madmatt

Question about modding and using content from TOW and other games like CM,Soldiers,Panzer Elite etc..

How about using content from TOW (like camouflage textures or sound data´s) in other modifications for Combat Mission or other games? Is that a Problem? Or do i must have your permission or some think like this? And can you give me such a permission?

Or in the other way, if i use a texture from a other game in TOW? Must i have a permission from the makers of the other game?

I notice that there are plenty of modification for all 3 part of CM with content from other games or other films.

What is the best way to become NO Problems? I mean , we speaking about mod´s without any financial motives.

• 1 month later...

You may mod our games without requiring permissions as long as you do not reverse-engineer code. i.e. modding graphics and other parts of the game which are "open" is okay. And you are not allowed to sell mods, i.e. they have to be distributed for free.

If you can use graphics from other games in TOW depends on the licenses that the other games have. Usually all graphics (and audio etc.) in a game are copyrighted, so you should at least ask for permission. That's the case with TOW as well, so you would have to contact us at Battlefront with a description of what you'd like to use it for in order to gain permission. Usually, unless you want to use it commercially, it is ok as long as you give credit where the materials you're using are from (i.e. list copyright Battlefront.com and 1C Company)

Martin

• 3 weeks later...