Screenshots from new JSH mod version in development

Sneaksie

• 2 weeks later...

From Wikipedia:

".... proved that a 17 pounder gun could be successfully fitted into the turret of a Sherman. This was done by moving the radio to a new bustle on the turret rear and by turning the long-recoiling gun on its side. A distinctive overhang at the back of the turret was added to give space for the recoiling weapon. The hull machine gun was also eliminated to allow more room for the much larger shells for the 17 pounder gun, with a consequent reduction of the crew to 4."

Good work!!

Neat.

I was trying to do very much the same thing by removing the AA guns from the vehicles, which appears to be what they have done.

It would be interesting if the could do the Flak 38 with a wheeled carriage like the type represented in the Saving Private Ryan last battle scene.

I wonder if any of the AT gun carriages are workable?

The box on the Firefly is actually lifting jack support from PzIIC, resized and with different texture smile.gif .

There is no mesh of Churchill tracks, so this is unlikely (German or Russian tracks may be uxed instead). Steelplate will be drawn on the vehicle texture (with bump).

These are great. Can't wait to get them added ! The "Firefly" is wonderful.

I would suggest maybe changing that 'late F' to a G or H. About all that's needed is an exhaust fan on turret roof, more armor and a slightly different cupola. 600 G's and 308 H's were produced prior to the invasion of the USSR. G and H's need to be in the game.

All 435 F models were built ( Sept 1939-July 1940 ) with the 3.7cm gun but some were uparmed to the 5cmL42 later after the 5 cm was introduced in 1941.

The G was introduced in April 40 and the first 50 had the 3.7cm gun and the rest (550) all had the 5cm. They also introduced a new cupola. The H started production in Oct 40 (until April 41) and 308 were produced with superstructure and hull armor doubled to 60mm front and rear.

These tank production figures do not count special vehicles like "command" tanks.

This info from 'Panzer III' by W. Spielberger and 'Encyclopedia of German Tanks of WW2' by Chamberlain & Doyle.