So... did anyone make a panzer grey skin for the Tiger yet?

Originally posted by Tartari:

By the way, there 's a "desert" skin in the Encyclopedia, I can't find it with the Mission Editor...

Extract with Dr.Jones tool and open the folder data/units/tanks/ger/pz_vie_(tiger_i)/parts.ini

and add skin nr.6

[VehicleSkin_GerSummer6]

Type VehicleSkin

Name GerSummer6

Skin Summer6

It's not a desert camouflage but the standard dunkelgelb which started to be the basic colour from February 1943 onwards.

As the Tiger also has Zimmerit anti magnetic paste applied it's from second half of 1943 although I'm not sure if the Feifel air filter system was still around at that time. Too tired to look it up.

Thanks, so unless anyone had definite plans to make the panzer grey Tiger I skin... looks like it's up to me then? smile.gif

The idea of me doing it makes me smile. As a child I wasn't into making models (Airfix/Tamiya) very much.. however the one that I was quite proud of was a Tiger I scene at a crossroads near Bastogne with tankers standing around and plenty of airbrushed weathering on the metal. It looked quite good in a darker than usual grey because I had run out of the proper Panzer grey paint. It had a sort of "elite SS panzer division" look about it, even though it wasn't necessarily 100% historically accurate. Actually now I think about it, I remember I had based the paint scheme on those three nicely converted T-34's used in the film Kelly's Heroes smile.gif

Well I have a lot going on right now so I'm not sure how long it's going to take to start doing it, but I'll be happy to upload it eventually if anyone's interested smile.gif Cheers.

Originally posted by rofl:

If that would be ok for you....

greytigerkn3.th.jpg

Wow! You sir, are a hero!! You are THE MAN!!! That's exactly what I had in mind!!!! DANKE x 1000!!!!! I have been wishing for this ever since I bought ToW, I can't thank you enough!

It'd be awesome if you could upload it somewhere... please? (Can you tell I'm excited yet?) I definitely owe you one after this unexpected Xmas prez! :D

Originally posted by Earl Grey:

if I can be of help, just tell me.

Very kind of you to offer, Earl, thanks. Looks like we might have some nice greys by rofl for now though? :D

Q. Apologies if this has been asked before, but did anyone create a way of incorporating a unit insignia graphic onto the tank turret skins, specifically the rear of the Tiger I turret?

I'm thinking that if we had various unit insignia such as the 1st SS Division Leibstandarte "Key" to choose from on the backs of our turrets, it really couldn't get any better than this! ;)

• 10 months later...

Great work rofl I can't wait to try it!

EDIT: oh no... I really wanted to try your Panzer Grey Tiger rofl... but the grey_tiger_data.rar et al files aren't on your Filefront anymore :( if you no longer have them... does anyone else still have them?! If they are lost... this is a disaster :(

Please help!

Great work rofl I can't wait to try it!

EDIT: oh no... I really wanted to try your Panzer Grey Tiger rofl... but the grey_tiger_data.rar et al files aren't on your Filefront anymore :( if you no longer have them... does anyone else still have them?! If they are lost... this is a disaster :(

Please help!

Uploadet again for you @ http://hosted.filefront.com/rofl21/ :)

I hope i includet all correct files, plz try it out in missionbuilder and unitviewer, should be skin 8.

I hope i includet all correct files, plz try it out in missionbuilder and unitviewer, should be skin 8.

Hi Rofl.. i neeed ur help... maybe its too late for me playing this game i just bought this game couple of weeks ago coz im asian.... well about ur tiger skin really looks impressive.. i alrdy download this file & i alrdy extract the file but i do not know where to paste it.. is it under effects file or data file?... or someting?...

can u plz guide me some details ... thanks.... :(

THANKS for reposting! It works PERFECTLY!

Well... almost. Your skins.ini needed a minor editing tweak to reflect the fact you called it "Summer8" (you left it as "Summer7" - have a look at line 225 under [skin_Summer8] and it's simply a matter of editing the filenames from 7 to 8. No biggie... maybe you might want to alter it for the sake of completeness but hey it works so no need really). Thanks again :)

EDIT: I meant to say lines 229 through 255 need editing... for example the first one "Material0 mat_dop1_alpha 3dobj\tanks\ger\pz_vie_(tiger_i)\summer7\mat_dop1_alpha.mat" needs changing to "Material0 mat_dop1_alpha 3dobj\tanks\ger\pz_vie_(tiger_i)\summer8\mat_dop1_alpha.mat"

Oh wait... I almost forgot... just one more Columbo (thing!)... do you still have the additional texture file for the red numbers? I like the look w/ the standard white division insignia... but I think I like your red numbers better. Pretty please? :D

Just extract both folders in your ToW main directory then it works ;)

thks rofl..i did exactly what u told me.. i alrdy extract both d folders into TOW main directory... but when i open Mission Editor i don see summer8 in there...

or is there anyting to do with d version gaming?....

wierd... but i download 1of ur file smoke mod its work & i don understand y tiger grey cant?.... scratch head!!.... :confused:

i download 3of ur file flag,smoke & tiger grey skin.. but only smoke mod works... :eek:

THANKS for reposting! It works PERFECTLY!

Well... almost. Your skins.ini needed a minor editing tweak to reflect the fact you called it "Summer8" (you left it as "Summer7" - have a look at line 225 under [skin_Summer8] and it's simply a matter of editing the filenames from 7 to 8. No biggie... maybe you might want to alter it for the sake of completeness but hey it works so no need really). Thanks again :)

EDIT: I meant to say lines 229 through 255 need editing... for example the first one "Material0 mat_dop1_alpha 3dobj\tanks\ger\pz_vie_(tiger_i)\summer7\mat_dop1_alpha.mat" needs changing to "Material0 mat_dop1_alpha 3dobj\tanks\ger\pz_vie_(tiger_i)\summer8\mat_dop1_alpha.mat"

Oh wait... I almost forgot... just one more Columbo (thing!)... do you still have the additional texture file for the red numbers? I like the look w/ the standard white division insignia... but I think I like your red numbers better. Pretty please? :D

yes i agree!... the original panzer tank number by the turret side is red not white.. i like dat colour looks so real tank but too bad i cant even add that mod.... try my very best.. but still no grey tiger ( summer8 ) in my mission editor.... :-(