Multiplayer - Can't Connect

First off, can 2 different PCs play each other online with a single purchase, 2 activations? I'm assuming they can, but nonetheless I couldn't connect to other games posted here. I have my windows firewall turned off and ToW is in the allowed list under my norton security. I'm not connected to a router either. We even tried connecting through on a LAN with Hamachi, but no luck. I checked out the mp configuration file but still couldn't connect. How's mp working for everybody else, is this normal? Does anybody that got mp to work have any ideas?

To help you, we need more info:

1. Show your mp.ini file (that is in users\mp.ini)

2. What are the first 2 digits of your computer ip addresses? Do they all start with 192.168.x.x, 10.0.x.x or 172.16.x.x - 172.31.x.x? If you don't know how to learn ip address, type 'ipconfig' in command line and email me its report to dimaga@mail.ru

3. Do you try to host a game or just to connect to your opponent? What are the first 2 digits of your opponent's ip address? Show me his mp.ini file.

4. Is your opponent in the same LAN or in the Internet?

5. Describe step by step how you tryied to create a network game, to connect to it and what the errors were thrown.

I'm not acquainted with Norton Security. Can it work as firewall and filter ip-traffic? If yes, did you properly enable all udp-ports that you had chosen in mp.ini (towsetup.exe)? Did your network opponent enable his upd-ports in firewall too?

[ April 28, 2007, 02:06 AM: Message edited by: dmg ]

I'm not even gonna bother with it. Both my friend and I don't like the game at all. The more we play it, the more we don't want to play it. Soon as I get my copy in the mail it'll go up on ebay. Ah well, got CMSF and CMC to look forward to. But in the meantime, back to CMBB and CMAK. :(

• 8 years later...