Frequent Error

I play on 3 different computers and this error occurs repeatedly. When you get the error it will still take you to the dogfight screen but nothing ever loads. I sometimes have to start a battle 2 or 3 times to get in and play. I don't know if the error is the same at all times, but I am only going to type it out by hand once! The fact that it happens on 3 different computers at 3 different locations tells me that it's probably not on my end. Anyway, here's the error.

The dialogue box is entitled eDiF Error and the error text has a red circle with a white X in it next to it. The text is as follows:

Error occurred in: System.Runtime.Remoting

Description: Requested Service not found

Trace Info:

Server stack trace:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryServerFormatterSink.ProcessMessage(IServerChannelSinkStacksinkStack, IMessage requestMsg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, IMessage& responseMsg, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData&, msgData, Int32 type)

at bartbert.games.difo.shared.IRemoteGame.JoinGame(String playerName, Int32 pilotId, Int32 aircraft Id, Int32 altitude, String gameXml, String gameInfo, String hostname)

at bartbert.games.difo.client.forms.LobbyClientForm.JoinGame(SessionInfoStruct sessionInfo)

As I said, this happens A LOT. I wouldn't have bothered to write all of this out but with the frequency of its occurrence, combined with the frequent server down time, it's really starting to piss me off. Do you think there's a relationship between this error and the server down time? Is it time to put a new server or what?

Try doing the following:

1. Find the file "C:\Program Files\Battlefront\Down in Flames\bin\lobby_app.config" and open it up in a text editor such as Notepad.

2. There should be a line if the file that looks like </font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;"><StartupDelay>4000</StartupDelay></pre>