Addon or TOW2 in progress?

sossen

Good find Tartari!!

Any idea when this one will be out?? On the link I can just read 2008.... anything more specific would be welcome ;)

Sneaksie, can you give us an overview what improvements are in the add-on for sure - and maybe which ones are planned to be put in??

Uwe

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a rough Babelfish translation..

new series of vargeymov, created by developers the "second world", is opened by the game, dedicated to scale operation, which passed in the beginning of 1943 in Tunisia and predetermined the crushing defeat of troops of Germany in North Africa.

After being set right after defeat in El Alamein, German Afrika Korps, reinforced by Italian military contingent and intensified by the newest armament, appeared against the allies. Under the command of experienced General Rommel German troops had the serious foundations for designing for rapid victory. However, military actions substantially tightened themselves, and to the plans of German command judged it was happen...

For player one must prove to be in the epicentre of Tunisian operation and carry out the orders of Rommel, Montgomery or Eisenhower - depending on that, troops of what country it will prefer to command.

Entirely another war:

**Computer graphics and the sonic tracking of new generation.

**15 play missions in three campaigns - for Germany, USA and Great Britain, and also the generator of missions for developing its own military scenario.

**Seizure and conducting is combat in the buildings or from the shelter.

**Hand-to-hand fighting.

**Ground-based and air combat vehicles, stationary antiaircraft sites, accessible for control.

**Extended management of formations, the usovershenstvovannyy artificial intellect of soldiers, the independent search for shelters by soldiers, the improved system of damages for the infantry.

**System of visibility taking into account the viewing angle and influence of smoke screens.

**Search of play servers in the Internet and different possibilities for the multi-user game.

The site only lists 2008 as the release date but the buzz on the Russian forum states 08.05.2008 as the actual release date.

Now that could actually mean 05.08.2008 as it is customary outside of the United States to list day/month/year

TAC101

Mmm.North Africa? :( I was hoping to see the European theatre developed a bit more before they moved on to something else. Stuff like towns for street fighting etc.It seems to me this will simply be another game of rural landscapes and given that we're talking about the desert,a less appealing looking landscape at that.

Great news! I'm very excited about the new features and improvement of infantry AI, that is just what I wanted!

...a bit sad about the lack of italian vehicles, it would be great to be able to create some campaigns of the early desert war.

well done,

this game is so ..so... fun !!! I hope we will get dynamic aspect for battle generator and going in the buildings for some good ol' street fighting kind of like close combat games and cc games. and smoke screens would be nice !!! will this addon be able to update our first tow games also ??

Guys, I think you are getting a little mislead, that North Afrika game is NOT a add-on or expansion for ToW, rather its an all new game. Its not even for sure that we are the ones that will be publishing it, everything is still very early in development.

I think there is confusion because its using some of the underlying ToW technology but please wait until you see some official (i.e. in English from us ;) ) announcements on the future of ToW.

Madmatt

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Guys, I think you are getting a little mixed up here. That North Afrika game is NOT a add-on or expansion for ToW, rather its an all new game. Its not even for sure that we are the ones that will be publishing it, everything is still very early in development.

I think there is confusion because its using some of the underlying ToW technology but please wait until you see some official (i.e. in English from us ;) ) announcements on the future of ToW.

Madmatt

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Guys, I think you are getting a little mislead, that North Afrika game is NOT a add-on or expansion for ToW, rather its an all new game. Its not even for sure that we are the ones that will be publishing it, everything is still very early in development.

Madmatt

Fair enough but with answers like this.... Topic: Addon or TOW2 in progress?

sossen

Member # 27944

posted 28-03-2008 18:12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will there be an offical addon or a TOW2?

thx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sneaksie

Member # 18300

posted 28-03-2008 19:12

Yes, it's in the works.

........can you see how we have been mislead?

well the question i do about TOW is There will be an add on after all? or the add on will be stellar because I could see alot improvement on the screen shots of this game. I mean smoke enter able buildings a so.

So lets way and see guys.

bruce,

yes, we can see how this could have been misleading. That post was made by Sneaksie from 1C, and it goes somewhat against our current understanding that the new game is indeed a new game and not an "add-on". It may have to do with lanaguage barrier (add-on vs. sequel).

But mind you, Matt didn't say that there wouldn't be smile.gif He just said that we're still talking to 1C about it internally to try to determine what we do, if anything.

Martin

Originally posted by Moon:

bruce,

yes, we can see how this could have been misleading. That post was made by Sneaksie from 1C, and it goes somewhat against our current understanding that the new game is indeed a new game and not an "add-on". It may have to do with lanaguage barrier (add-on vs. sequel).

Martin

Well, I only know Sneaksie through these Forums but I'm sure he wasn't being deliberately misleading.

Originally posted by Moon:

He just said that we're still talking to 1C about it internally to try to determine what we do, if anything.

Please, please, please make sure "anything" means SOMETHING & not nothing!

OK the journey so far has been a nightmare for you guys, however you have pulled through & this is a potentially a truly great game with continued development & refinement. It will, I'm sure, overtime become the IL2 of ground combat & kudos & dollars, are the rewards of those who stick with it through thick & thin (i.e. BFC).

There is so much more to be done with this game...........

[ May 03, 2008, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: Gnasher ]

I had noticed when the first screenshots went up that it seemed that this was a completely new game and not the add-on. It's in a completely different theater of operation! Plus the archetype in the title is "Art of War" not "Theater of War".

I don't know what happened with all those great sample screenshots a few months back with infantry shown fighting from buildings. Those seemed to be from the add-on project.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess what's old is new these days.

Even though I've had this game on my hard drive for over a year, this game is getting ready to be "released" by CDV.

And now development is credited to 1C and Battlefront on the CDV website.

Huh?

SlapHappy... Battlefront has assisted 1C in finalizing the game for release, and we're also the main publisher for the game, worldwide. CDV has sub-licensed it from us. Therefore both 1C and Battlefront are listed.

The release into US retail months (or in this specific case, almost one year) after our direct release online is 100% in line with our business model. We've been doing it like this for years, and it's one of the core principles that Battlefront has been founded on.

In those cases where we did get sucked into simultaneous releases, it's usually backfired sooner or later (see CMSF). So if anything we plan to increase the gap between online and retail even more in the future.

BTW, more on topic - we should have some firm news regarding this TOW2/add-on soon. I'm hoping this month still. Stay tuned smile.gif

Martin