Battlefront: please info on the new patch

Txema

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news, looks like we got the Internet Game Browser working as well and that was the only thing I wanted to fix before the patch was signed off on. Now I just need to give the docs a final once over and then build the patch installer itself.

Does this mean the patch will be released tomorrow? Well, its certainly possible but due to the large size of the file itself and the normal time delay between when I send the files and info to the mirror sites and when they actually announce the patch, its probably more than likely that if I can finish up everything on my end tonight/early tomorrow (which I am busting my butt to do) the patch will probably not start popping up on sites until Monday although some mirror sites have people that work late on Fridays so it could be up by then as well.

Now, thats all based on prepping the final files today and since its already after business hours in Moscow and I want 1C to have one last look it could take a couple more days.

BUT, the good news is that everything looks to be working fine and any delays now are purely logistical ones, not technical.

More news as I get it...

Madmatt

Hi Madmatt

Thanks for the good news. I am glad you got involved it seemed to have moved things along.

Doing similar thing to MadMatt but in an enterprise environment, I really feel that there is a serious misunderstanding here.

Madmatt is the team leader, project manager (your punch bag). He takes all the flak for his peoples mistakes/whatever someone didnt like. In turn his bosses are on his ass to deliver product to market to deliver revenue. So dont bitch when the man says "it's gonna be a day or 2 weeks longer", that probably means he pushed back on his own management (What I find so hard to beleive is that ppl dont get that developers are under pressure to deliver revenue from thier own management.).

Quality counts, in supporting this product & through further development especially in multiplayer. It will rule!! :D

Kudos Madmatt!

Originally posted by Gnasher:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Hi Madmatt

Thanks for the good news. I am glad you got involved it seemed to have moved things along.

Doing similar thing to MadMatt but in an enterprise environment, I really feel that there is a serious misunderstanding here.

Madmatt is the team leader, project manager (your punch bag). He takes all the flak for his peoples mistakes/whatever someone didnt like. In turn his bosses are on his ass to deliver product to market to deliver revenue. So dont bitch when the man says "it's gonna be a day or 2 weeks longer", that probably means he pushed back on his own management (What I find so hard to beleive is that ppl dont get that developers are under pressure to deliver revenue from thier own management.).

Quality counts, in supporting this product & through further development especially in multiplayer. It will rule!! :D

Kudos Madmatt! </font>

Originally posted by TTorpedo:

Madmatt

Make a torrent yourself and release it smile.gif

Sadly, one of the reasons that the patch probably won't surface until Monday as opposed to tomorrow is due to my woeful upload speeds. :(

I can download like a bat outa hell but uploads are slower than snot and when dealing with files in excess of a gig in size, things move about as fast as a glacier... :(

Also, I appreciate some of the comments above. You are correct, I am the Project Lead from the Battlefront side but when it comes to stuff like patches and finalizing releases my word is law and I am given great latitude to do things as I see fit and even 1C listens. ;)

I would like to add that they have been great to work with and my enthusiasm for Theatre of War has never faltered and is strong now as it was when I first heard they were shopping around for a new publisher and we all thought it would be a pipe-dream to get to work on a game like this!

Be nice if 1C would let me get a sneak peak at Oleg Maddox's new Battle of Britain flight sim though.... Oleg? Can you hear me? Please?!???? :D

Madmatt

Great news, dusting off TOW as we speak.

Just a suggestion for the bandwidth altar of MM, which I've worshiped at/cursed for eight years now... something like this...

Verizon FiOS

Since this is your job (even if it's "part time") you get to claim this as a deduction on your tax return. I haven't paid for high-speed in 6 or 7 years now...

doWnSizer

What call sign do you go by at the CM fourms???

There are a lot of dudes who wish to remain unknown here while at the same time they are posting only when things look good.

You know I've been a half baked some times laughed at member of this fourm since the games' launch and I never dissed it or other members.

In my opinion you should get the **** outa here cause we will waste you in game dude...for real.

Madmatt, maybe you couls answer this question.

Is there any text file or report generated by the new quick battle generator after the battle where is written down the results of the battle as i.e. in IL2?.

It would be really helpfull in order to make web based online competitions. I was wondering about that.

On the other hand, I was quite critic with everything about this game since its release, but I´ve noticed a big effort in order to fix past issues and to offer a quality product to BF customers, that´s what a lot of us were expecting, no more no less, so thanks very much for the effort and hopefully this "patch" will help a lot to renew our confidence about BF quality products and on a more important thing if possible, customer care and product support.

Thanks again. smile.gif

Be nice if 1C would let me get a sneak peak at Oleg Maddox's new Battle of Britain flight sim though.... Oleg? Can you hear me? Please?!???? [big Grin]
Yes, and I would be very interested in your impressions.

At the moment its Moscows best kept secret.

I am sure that it will be awesome when it comes on the market - in fall 2098 :D

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Be nice if 1C would let me get a sneak peak at Oleg Maddox's new Battle of Britain flight sim though.... Oleg? Can you hear me? Please?!???? :D

Put in a good word for me Matt - I'm dying to get into a virtual stuka...