Battlefront: please info on the new patch

Txema

"Assigning air or artillery support to the player or the AI is possible only in singleplayer game, so this step will not be shown if you’re making a multiplayer mission."

BAD NEW :(

The rest, is AWESOME :D

[ January 12, 2008, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: CeltiCid ]

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like we should be able to include the Battle Generator for a delay of only a few more days.

As such, we are hoping that we can release the patch NEXT week as opposed to this one BUT it will have the Battle Generator included.

If we find any issue between now and the weekend though, we will just release the patch without the Battle Generator and then add that later.

This is all tenative, but figured you would like to know where things are at the moment.

Madmatt

What isthe projected patch size, I just read it was around 1.2 gig, but I swear I read it was MUCH larger than that.. I am having some computer issues and may have to thumb drive it from my internet able laptop to my desktop.. where the game is installed untill I can get that part of desktop fixed, and If I do not need a 8 gig thumb I will save some money

so how big are we talking on the uber patch?

Originally posted by Madmatt:

It looks like we should be able to include the Battle Generator for a delay of only a few more days.

As such, we are hoping that we can release the patch NEXT week as opposed to this one BUT it will have the Battle Generator included.

If we find any issue between now and the weekend though, we will just release the patch without the Battle Generator and then add that later.

This is all tenative, but figured you would like to know where things are at the moment.

Madmatt

Well, looks like they didnt find major issues with the patch+battle generator. This means we should get both this week.

Any news?

We had a slight delay while we were waiting on a few files back from 1C but we got those over the weekend and my testers are once more looking over the patch before I sign off on it and compile the final patch installer program.

The uber-patch WILL include the Mission Generator and will also include the new "internet game search" function although that may not be fully active at the time of the patches release. Let me clarify, what this new system does is basically search a Master Server for a list of all currently hosted and joinable ToW games. Now this list is hosted on one Master server so every time you begin an internet based game you send this server a quick notification to say "Hey! I got a game here!".

Now, the problem is that we may not be able to have this Master server online before the patch is released. So if you try and search for any games the list will just say it couldn't locate the Master Server. This doesnt keep you from PLAYING, HOSTING or JOINING an IP based game at all, just like you always have. You can still enter in any IP address of a hosted game. It just means that the handy-dandy search function that would allow you to SEE all the available games currently on the net won't be fully active until we get the Master server online.

So, if all goes well, the patch could be ready by the end of the week. For now, let my guys hammer away for a few more days and you should have it soon!

Madmatt

Originally posted by Madmatt:

So, if all goes well, the patch could be ready by the end of the week. For now, let my guys hammer away for a few more days and you should have it soon!

For the third time, what is the anticipated ETA for the European kalypso versions?

Originally posted by Hertston:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Madmatt:

For the third time, what is the anticipated ETA for the European kalypso versions? </font>