Battlefront: please info on the new patch

Txema

I have a quickie update for you. Right now I am busy editing the new documentation for the Map Editor and some other text that 1C is providing with the patch.

We are also trying to iron out some other last minute details as I mentioned before the holidays but things are going very well.

You know how we don't like to post definite dates on patch releases, but it should not be too much longer.

I realize thats really not anything new, but you guys have said before that you prefer to hear "something" rather than nothing, so there is my "something".

Let me ask you this question though.. Although I can't say for sure yet if the program itself will be ready for the "uber-patch" release, how would you guys at least like to see the docs for the new Battle Generator program (with screenshots of it in action)? I could probably make that availble to ya quickly....

Madmatt

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Let me ask you this question though.. Although I can't say for sure yet if the program itself will be ready for the "uber-patch" release, how would you guys at least like to see the docs for the new Battle Generator program (with screenshots of it in action)? I could probably make that availble to ya quickly...."

That sounds good to me, and thnx for the patch update!

DV

Maddmatt, does BF have any idea when the patch will be available for other versions (I have the English (UK) kalypso box version 1.7.0.68), or is that out of your hands? It does have the BF logo on the box, but I assume it's not compatible with the patched buy-from-BF version?

"Let me ask you this question though.. Although I can't say for sure yet if the program itself will be ready for the "uber-patch" release, how would you guys at least like to see the docs for the new Battle Generator program (with screenshots of it in action)? I could probably make that availble to ya quickly....

Madmatt"

Many thanks for the update.

About your question, are you kidding, no need to ask, bring it on, my mouth is watering, give me something to chew on. :D

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Let me ask you this question though.. Although I can't say for sure yet if the program itself will be ready for the "uber-patch" release, how would you guys at least like to see the docs for the new Battle Generator program (with screenshots of it in action)? I could probably make that availble to ya quickly....

Madmatt

Matt I'd love to see anything that 1C is working on for the RBG.

Let me ask you this question though.. Although I can't say for sure yet if the program itself will be ready for the "uber-patch" release, how would you guys at least like to see the docs for the new Battle Generator program (with screenshots of it in action)?
I would like to see those docs as soon as they are ready. The quick battle generator sounds like an excellent addition for TOW.

Txema

I know I know I know, I promised to make the docs available and then I disapeared! I'm sorry. I will have these docs ready for you by end of day today.

I am still not sure if the Quick Battle Generator will be included in the Uber-Patch or not but we will be making that decission this weekend. It's REALLY cool though but I don't want you guys to wait much longer and since the files needed for that Quick Battle Generator are actually small, we might just release the Uber patch (hopefull as early as next week) without it, and then release the Quick Mission Editor (along with at least one other cool new feature) shortly after.

Okay, enough chatter, let me get the docs uploaded to a place you can all see them and then I will post a link for you all to see them in THIS thread.

Standby!

Madmatt

Originally posted by Madmatt:

I am still not sure if the Quick Battle Generator will be included in the Uber-Patch or not but we will be making that decission this weekend. It's REALLY cool though but I don't want you guys to wait much longer and since the files needed for that Quick Battle Generator are actually small, we might just release the Uber patch (hopefull as early as next week) without it, and then release the Quick Mission Editor (along with at least one other cool new feature) shortly after.

Madmatt

What I wanted to hear! Thats the way! IMHO of course ....