Battle for Moscow Add-on announced... and it's free!

Moon

Battlefront.com and 1C are thrilled to announce the upcoming “Theatre of War – Battle for Moscow” Add-on , featuring a whole new campaign (Battle for Moscow, 1941) as well as a powerful Map Editor ! Better yet, the Add-on will be released for download to Theatre of War players completely for free! (You have to own Theatre of War full international version however to play it)

The Add-on will be made available for download for free later this month from www.battlefront.com.

tow_moscow1.jpg

Theatre of War - Battle for Moscow Add-on Contents

Battle for Moscow, November 1941 campaign

This big 10 mission campaign features completely new maps and challenges, and allows the player to re-live the second German assault on Moscow in November 1941 from the German and USSR perspective. The ten battles include historical engagements near Novopetrovsk, Istra, Krukovo, Yadromino, Chismena and Volokolamsk. Meeting engagements, encirclements, heavy assaults and light skirmishes during the brutal winter of 1941!

Moscow1.jpg

Theatre of War Map Editor

Fans have been waiting for this! The new Map Editor tool allows players to extensively change any of the existing mission and campaign maps, including changing placement and look of map objects such as buildings, trees, trenches, fortifications, damaged vehicles, and much more.

tow_mapeditor.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and before somebody asks - no, this has no impact on the first patch release. That is still our priority at the moment. The add-on has been planned all along and prepared ahead of time, so the full developer focus at the moment is on the patch.

Martin

Nice news, thx guys:)

I have 2 questions:

- Are you planning another add-ons like that?

- Will this add-on include new units? (Germans are lacking of historicaly accurate equipement - PzIII ausf. G or H and PZIV ausf. E)

666 - we have plans at the moment for a BIG add-on (but that one will not be free) with additional features and who knows, perhaps some additional units, too. But that's half a year from now at least, so too early to even speculate.

Martin

This is definetly your best decision BF. This Map editor is the best way to keep this game alive over years with content from the community.

After this addon you must only fix the MP part of the game. Dont forget the online players, please.

I think that "probably have new units" will have to be a definitely to garner my interest-there are so many important ones missing.

I'm not too enthusiastic for paying for things like new units, but if the addon has everything in my "Definitive List..." thread I will not care very much!

666 - we have plans at the moment for a BIG add-on (but that one will not be free) with additional features and who knows, perhaps some additional units, too. But that's half a year from now at least, so too early to even speculate.

Martin

Nice to hear good news:)