Patch status update

Moon

Originally posted by stic.man:

Krull no one has been banned or threatened to be banned. Seriously, slow your roll boss.

Yes they have stic. man. Ghost 1 got banned.

And at least 3 others are under threat of such.

What i'd like to know is if i flag a moderators post who reads that flag?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Krull:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by stic.man:

Krull no one has been banned or threatened to be banned. Seriously, slow your roll boss.

Yes they have stic. man. Ghost 1 got banned.

And at least 3 others are under threat of such.

What i'd like to know is if i flag a moderators post who reads that flag? </font>

ok, i need to get an admin set things straight once and for all.

i noticed through various late posted answers (of people who are involved with the game) regarding posts of mine and others that had to do with realism.

and after reading some of the answers on those posts a bell begins to rinkle in my head.

keep in mind that i am part of the roughly 40% of forum visitors (see the "in what player category are you" thead)that think this game has great potential, but that it need drastic improvements to become a truly enjoyable realistic RTS.

that being said, im a getting the impression from the people that worked on the game and by there answers that their intention was never to create a truly realistic game. and their intention is NOT to make it truly realistic with the patches and updates they are working on.

now i would estimate that about 60% of the people on these forums (estimation only involves my personal experience) are staying here believing that the game DEV's will fix what they think should be fixed, or add the features they think should be added.

now can someone (moon?) tell those (arguably) 60% of forum visitors (including me) if we are wasting our time here, waiting for big changes improving the realism of the game, who will never come from the official side?

because i have never yet seen a DEV agreeing with requested changes, that would change the way the game is now to improve realism.

i have only seen DEV's agree with changes regarding obvious mistakes or bug fixes.

so basically if you are not 85% satisfied with how the game is now, you are wasting your time because you bought the wrong game.

am i right?

No sepp! We are simply focussing primarily on bugs and technical issues for now, which is why you see most comments on these issues. They take priority. After that, we will be looking at gameplay stuff. But we are making notes of that already.

If TOW will ever be a *truly* realistic game - I kind of doubt it. Some of the base elements will be improved eventually (LOS, entering buildings, perhaps smoke, on-board mortars) but others (like the individual soldier RPG elements) will remain.

Martin

thanks for making that clear moon, maybe i and others had the wrong expectations in this game.

and if basically the game is now, how it was meanth to be, then i think those like me who are not happy with it should move on then.

I had been looking forward to this game for a long time. Still, I decided not to pre-order somehow and have a little patience. Judging by the very mixed reactions on the forum on TOW that was probably a wise thing to do. But it's good to know that there will be improvements in the near future. If these improvements succeed in making this game reaching it's full potential then I will buy it later on. By that time CMSF will probably have gone gold too. I don't think I can resist the temptation to pre-order that one :)

Krull, the trouble with you and the other whiners is that you make your whining post, fair enough, but then you have to endorse it in loads of other posts, there's hardly a post goes by without you or chazman (whatever his name is) popping up and spouting your drivel! We seen your moaning posts, no need to go on and on in other peoples threads, plus BF have said they are making a patch, so ffs grow up and stop being such a dick!

Thanks for the info about the next steps regarding the coming patch/patches. Because I have no technical issues at the moment I keep looking forward to the second patch to come.

I am ignoring all the other content of that thread.... useless!

Uwe

Originally posted by Moon:

Krull and maniac_mat, I've shown more than enough patience. That patience has now run out.

Martin

You're a coward and a despicable bully, and if you ever EVER have the misfortune to run into me at an industry event I will take the greatest pleasure in giving you the thrashing you so richly deserve.

I'll be looking out for you, count on it. ;)

Originally posted by BillyBob:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Moon:

Krull and maniac_mat, I've shown more than enough patience. That patience has now run out.

Martin

You're a coward and a despicable bully, and if you ever EVER have the misfortune to run into me at an industry event I will take the greatest pleasure in giving you the thrashing you so richly deserve.

I'll be looking out for you, count on it. ;) </font>

Originally posted by chanss:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by BillyBob:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Moon:

Martin

I'll be looking out for you, count on it. ;) </font>

TOW is today on our PC thanks to BFC!I bought Silent Hunter 4 which has a lot of problems also.So let BFC to focus on primarily issues in order that everybody could play whithin acceptable tehnical specification.

Every game has its own design about how to play.In my opinion ,I always tried to understand in which way the game was created(how to play,what to expect to happen if I do something,AI logic,game design logic)even I expect something different to happen in the end when I understand its "path" I get my satisfaction.Even BFC recognized that they made several patches for CM series.So please give them some time and I am sure that they would not let us down.

i was wondering when it would resort to threats of violence,simply unacceptable,remove the heathen.

im not to pleased with the game myself,but i said the same thing about almost every other title ive purchased over the last few years.

CmBO,SH3 and now SH4 ufo series,even olegs IL2 series,all had dramatic issues out of the box,but over time the majority of issues were improved to a satisfactory level,by the devs and the community.

i cant recall any game that worked perfectly at v1.0.

im quite happy to wait and see what develops in the future regarding this title,if it improves,thats great,if it doesnt,too bad,ive spent more money on booze and broads in 2 mins than i spent on this game,its dirt cheap,as are most of BFC/1C products.

no ones losing their house over this are they?

45 bucks is piffle

maybe more time and effort should be put in by *some* to serious issues going on in this world.

Geez , i thought i read a topic about the patch and its getting into a word struggle between people.

Let me say iam probebly also a whiner (called in some other threads).

But is this getting out of hand. In my opinion everybody can have his say about the game.But why do you all have to make groups like whiners and fanboys?

I think everybody who post a reply wants to have answer for his problem. This is more getting into a msn board then a forum.

OT.

pls Moon can you say like the other poster that in this patch also some MP probs will be fixed, because i read that this patch is only for playing issues (like i cant start the game etc), but many of us cannot connect to MP

tia

pwncake, MP is one of the areas that will get special attention, yes. It works but is too complex to set up to make work properly for some people.

BTW, this was not a word struggle. Billybob has shown his real face as simple forum troll just this morning.

Martin

I have to say Moon, you are seriously downplaying the number of complaints on this forum. I too, believe this game to be seriously flawed and have been reading many of the posts on here. Instead of "having it out" with the nay sayers I think it would be best if you took the LOS issue back to your people and make it front burner material. This will likely give you the biggest bang for your buck.

Can many of the people who dislike this game step up here and agree that this is the first big step?

Moon tnx for your reply,

and ill try again MP when the patch comes,

@ nefariuos edge,

i also like to have this problem solved first, but i really can understand they will FIRST sort out problems with people who CANNOT play this game one way of the other.

So just like me you have to wait until the big patch comes and in the mean time have to play arround the problem or just wait.

Originally posted by Moon:

No sepp! We are simply focussing primarily on bugs and technical issues for now, which is why you see most comments on these issues. They take priority. After that, we will be looking at gameplay stuff. But we are making notes of that already.

If TOW will ever be a *truly* realistic game - I kind of doubt it. Some of the base elements will be improved eventually (LOS, entering buildings, perhaps smoke, on-board mortars) but others (like the individual soldier RPG elements) will remain.

Martin

Moon, you have just made my day!!!

What you mention in the 1st two are basically the main gripes with the game for many.

I like the indy soldier RPG elements and do not think they affect realism esp since they can be modded out by the community i imagine......

I eagerly await an ETA.... although I heard the "eventually" bit ;)

Nefarious, I am not "having it out with the nay sayers", but I have been hunting down several forum trolls which are hiding behind game complaints but really only intend to stirr up trouble on the forum for fun. These people have very little in common with others who have posted constructive criticism. In fact "these people" might boil down to several aliases of the same person, we'll see. We're investigating RIPE at the moment.

As for the first steps... as my post should have indicated, it has long ago been taken. I am not a programmer nor part of the dev team, so I can be hanging out here all day and it would have zero impact on the delivery of the patch.

Martin

Regarding Patch:

I'm happy to report no problems whatsoever. The game is playing perfect on my system. I just spent the weekend enjoying MP with a friend who owns a laptop and he's haveing no issues either.

I do however have some suggestions for the "big" patch.

Can you make it possible with the editor to create maps? I'm green with the editor so I may be missing something but it seems that all I can do is use maps already created.

For MP, is there some way that a points system can be used? Eg; A map is selected, all parties get 5000 points or whatever and can pick what they want. They then get to "set" those selections on the map in a restricted zone of influence. Once all players have finished placing thier pieces the game begins. Use of air strikes, tank traps, mine fields and "off board" arty would be nice along with recovery/repair vehicles.

Salute, ShiftZ

[ May 01, 2007, 06:06 AM: Message edited by: ShiftZ ]